The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A big thank you to Tony Chris! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Well, as most of you know, I was lucky enough to win Tony's competition. the prize was $100 worth of Tony's Magic, and as I almost have Tony's tricks I opted for more of his mentalism this time.
I chose the Gateway, the box prediction and the Crossroads. To both my surprise and delight Tony also added psychic pizza and the attornment of the seven deadly sins.

The gateway is an excellent way to bring in ESP cards into your act; previously I was using banneceks ESP opener but now this will take pride of place in my opening ESP set.
The box prediction is a simple yet diabolical way to produce a coin based prediction; I am currently trying to think of a bizarre based storyline with which to use this. it's simply too good not to include!
Crossroads is a brilliant bit of storytelling and answers the critics that there is no magic in bizarre magic; this routine is highly magical and keeps the spectators on their toes! It gives you the chance to add some pizzazz into your bizarre performances, or alternatively it could act as a nice segue into your bizarre routines if performing standard magic.
Most of you will know 07 deadly sins from Ton's DVD karnival of magic and it's very nice to have the bespoke set of cards printed by tony himself; previously I was using Egyptian papyrus and glued together which was causing problems!
Finally psychic pizza is a beautiful bit of whimsy which belies what turns out as quite a striking mentalism effect.

Obviously I feel indebted to Tony, but I stress he is not asked me to print any reviews here, and I would not risk misleading my bizarre brothers and sisters by writing unfair reviews. I hope by highlighting his clever thinking here that I can somehow repay him! All the effects can be found on his web page here http://tonychris.com/productspage.html

Bravo Tony and thanks again
Best wishes Steve
[
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for the nice words about the "stuff". I was hoping you would find some merit in my mentalism offerings. I know you are a well established bizarre magician so I appreciate the really nice review of effects.

I know you will find a clever way to turn The Box into a bizarre offering or simply leave it as a magical piece.

I hope to meet you in September as I will finally be flying over the pond to lecture in Scotland and England. I will contacting you soon too to get the details from your couple of clubs that you mentioned a while back. The lecture tour is being planned by a very nice fellow in Scotland right now and should run 2 - 3 weeks hopefully covering about 12 clubs in England too.

Congrats again on winning the competition and enjoy the tricks my friend.

TC
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A big thank you to Tony Chris! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL