The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Food for thought by Wayne Dobson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Food for thought by Wayne Dobson

Available at: http://www.magictao.co.uk

Price: £25.00

Effect:

You have 16 cards; each with a different food item displayed on them – this is your shopping list.  The spectator mixes up the cards.  The spectator then chooses one of the cards.  This is done twice.  You are then able to tell the spectator which two cards they have chosen without you having to look at the cards.  Very impressive!

This is a great effect.  You can adapt the patter to suit whatever theme, using food items, you wish. The cards are printed with a food item on one side and the receipt for all of the 16 food items on the reverse.

You can talk about how you purchased these 16 items, but had to return two items due to them being out of date, or of poor quality.  The spectator chooses two items, at random, and then you reveal which two items were chosen by the spectator.

As a bonus, you can then reveal that you knew the total that was paid for these two items.   As a ‘kicker’, that is just simply genius.

Very easy to perform.

You get:

*          A DVD with full explanations
*          16 custom cards

Thoughts:

Im a big fan of Wayne’s, I remember growing up and seeing his magic being performed on TV as a kid, it was always amazing to watch and a real inspiration.

I was sent Food for thought a while back and have had time to play with this over the past week, it’s a clever idea as with all of Wayne’s material, the method is simple and easy to follow, and the shopping plot makes this little routine flow really well.

The cards that are supplied are really well made; the DVD is produced well with everything explained in great detail including alternate handlings and routines.

Great stuff Wayne as always.

Thanks for another great piece of magic.

All the best

R

Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2847 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Here's a demo for you to see!

Being a fan of Wayne's work, I have to admit that (after watching the performance) I'm underwhelmed by this. Looks like veggie version of Director's Cut to me - but with less justified props and a too obvious handling (at least to magicians).
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I think I'm gonna get this! This is really good routine for my class, as many of the classes are learning English vocab about food. The pictures (as seen on the demo) are awesome and can be seen clearly from a little far.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Easy to do mentalism with a hook which everyone can relate to, "food shopping".I also thought about 'Directors Cut'(which I own and use) being similar, but in the lay persons mind it aint so as they don't know methods. In mental effects it's what's percieved by the spectator that counts and in this release 2 thoughts are percieved (the method has something built into it to allow this.

I would urge people to try this on a house wife and se the lok of shock on her face when you give her the information.

Very good release from Wayne Dobson once again.

Mikwe Donoghue
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
My apologies for the typing errors above.

It's a busy day andi am trying to do too many things at the same time.

Mike Donoghue
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Another review can be found here : http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&2
Mr. Marko
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Mr. Marko
You can follow this up with "Noted" by Gary Jones, also a Magic Tao item. Start a list with the chosen food items and then go into a card trick.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
What's the effect for Noted?

I'm thinking you that you can end this with Exact Change by Gregory Wilson, but it might be too strong as both of them are actually mentalism or prediction.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Food for thought by Wayne Dobson (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL