The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Whats a good first bill switch? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
theamazingryan
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of theamazingryan
I don't know any, and I'm looking to learn one. Is there a classic switch that everyone should know? Any suggestions? thanks.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
$100 Bill Switch
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Money morph
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
This is a good first bill switch to learn. It can also be the last one you need to learn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-T6Hfmg6ds&feature=related
hth
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Roger Klause's is a good one.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Two Dollar Window (available from Penguin, or some books), is an easy transposition, you only fold the bill into 8'th's. It very visual, but you don't use borrowed bills.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I second 2 Dollar Window...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
chada13
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of chada13
$2 Window is a good 1st. Can't go wrong with the $100 bill switch either.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 19:05, theamazingryan wrote:
I don't know any, and I'm looking to learn one. Is there a classic switch that everyone should know? Any suggestions? thanks.

The only "should", IMHO is finding a routine or premise that works for you. What is your intended effect? Just folding up a bill to the size of a coin, doing a coin sleight and then unfolding the bill gets raised eyebrows even from youngsters so you might want to get the context/routine in focus.

There's one bill item in print where slips of paper become bills. There's another where a check is torn from a checkbook and changes into cash.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 19:05, theamazingryan wrote:

I'd recommend the standard Kozlowski bill switch for two reasons. First, it's a solid methodological baseline that works well enough on its own, but that's had a lot of work done on it to improve it further. Second, there's been a lot of thought put into coming up with effects other than the standard $1 to $100 change, even though the standard is still a good trick.

JT is right, though, folding it up or even rolling it up, and doing a coin-magic sort of switch with it, can be more than enough depending upon what your goals for the effect are.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
There are many types of bill switches, what are you looking for. A Single Bill Switch, Multiple Bill Switch, Bill Transpostion.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ryan
learn to do a switch with a tt.
it is very visual.and nothing is palmed.
hands can be shown to be empty.
todd
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-05-02 21:50, bowers wrote:
Ryan
learn to do a switch with a tt.
it is very visual.and nothing is palmed.
hands can be shown to be empty.
todd

I also think the very first one to learn should be a TT. After that, you have a good grounding to explore others ( which can be great fun ).

Kevin King's Money Morph takes the Vlado ( published by Mike Kozlowski ) method to the next level.

Have fun on your journey!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
This may sound nuts to some people but in my opinion, NOTHING beats a pure sleight of hand method.

You need two things - a convincing Bobo switch......and the ability to sleeve effectively. You start, and end, totally clean.

I've used this method for something like 30 years and it still gets an excellent reaction. It evolved more from the case of not being able to afford gimmicked versions - and I was never happy about using a T.T. for something that could basically be achieved with pure sleight of hand (and practice).

Bear in mind that in the UK, our notes (or bills) are different sizes and colours so a lot of the options out there are just not fit for purpose.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
daveboldt
View Profile
New user
Dallas
22 Posts

Profile of daveboldt
Jay Noblezada's $100.00 bill switch. Very easy and one of the best.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Ryan,

From my perspective, if you learn to do a great bill switch with a thumb tip you will open a whole new world of magical opportunities. It is a great utility device which is too often over looked in this time of really flashy gizmos. Now that said, I have drawers and boxes full of flashy gizmos.

Mark
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I agree merc man the sleight of hand version is great.
but I rarely perform with long sleeve shirts.and living
down in the south I usally don't need to ever wear one either.
todd
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
The ultimate would be switching their $100.00 bill for a one dollar bill and handing them the one! LOL Might not get too many repeat performances. I use both, pute sleight of hand or... a TT depending on the situation. I am finding this more difficult to put into a routine with the new one hundred dollar bill and fifty dollar bills now in circulation in Canada. They are made of polymer as opposed to cotton.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I learned a fabulous bill switch at our local meeting last Monday night. It is done without a TT. Instead of a TT it uses a paper clip. You do not finish clean, but it is extremely magical.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
My favorite routine with a bill switch is Picasso's Bill, from Marc DeSouza's book, DeSouza's Deceptions. Every move is motivated and the effect has a very entertaining premise. The whole bit is funny and magical. No TT.

You can find it here, with companion DVD: http://www.camirandmagic.com/ps_010k.html
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Whats a good first bill switch? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL