The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » YAYA by Jesse Feinberg and Paul Harris Presents (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Excellent MR Effecto! What is your favorite trick on the DVD if you had to pick one? Smile

Please let us know how the phone routine works out Fire Starter! I am always available for help...

Keep those reviews coming in, thanks so much guys!
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2012-05-04 02:40, Jessiah wrote:
Trust me Ralph. Your hand looks natural when performing Yaya Smile
Have another look at the demo, I think it looks fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2dMQl-GoYA

Hi
I'd like to wait and read more reviews about this effect before I commit. Some of the things on the demo did look good.
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 18:13, Stucky wrote:
Quote:
ive watch the first of the tape
on what is and how its done.

They sent you a VHS? I'd be mad. Smile

I laughed sooo hard at this man, I was thinking along the same lines when I read his post about watching the "Tape", haha!

Gonna order me some YAYA baby, looks killer and the perfect impromptu effect. I simply LOVED Jesse's Cig-A-Pen (years ago) until I lost it Smile I seriously forgot about Cig-A-Pen until seeing this effect (don't know how, I killed with it!), I need to order me another one, even though I could make my own Cig-A-Pen, always best to support the creator (and it's also VERY inexpensive). Smile

Paul
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I got this, as I hoped it might have certain applications. I just watched the video intro and played around with it for a few minutes. It kind of hurts my fingers and really marked them up when I practiced (I am fair skinned.) It is hard to imagine a participant not seeing the discoloration where the gimmick is tearing into my skin. It seems likely that I must be doing it wrong, so I will try to revisit it tomorrow.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have it and find it awkward to do so its in the back of my draw I use the poker chips for another effect.
magicology
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of magicology
ElliotB,

Hurt fingers? That should not be happening. PM me and I will help you work on YaYa. Will also help address the marked skin. Also let me know what applications you were looking for.

Josh
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much for the offer, Josh. I really appreciate it. Before I solicit your help, I plan to re-watch the intro video some more first to make sure I am doing it correctly. After playing around with it this morning, I am starting to think that some of the included gimmicks caused more of a problem then others. Either that, or the problem lessened somewhat after repeated use of the gimmicks. My fingers are relatively small, but I have light sensitive skin (sheesh – that didn’t sound particularly manly!)

Another possible visual issue for me might also be related to the small size of my hands – but, before tackling that, I need to make sure I am doing it right in the first place.

Regarding other applications - Not knowing what the gimmick was or how it worked, I speculated that it might be possible to use it to switch or ring-in small billets or pellets, switch a participant’s coin for another coin, or switch a participant’s dollar bill for another bill. All of that would have interesting mental magic applications. At the moment, I am not sure if the gimmick can do any of that stuff. Right now, I am just trying to learn the basics.

Thank you again,

Elliott
cinefisch
View Profile
New user
Wauwatosa
27 Posts

Profile of cinefisch
Anyone still using YaYa. I had put it in the drawer, but then saw the effect Spooky Key from Barrie Richadrson appear in Mark Elsdon's Hidden Gems 6 and thought it might be the perfect gimmick for that. I am wondering how well the YaYa's hold up over time as I have already snapped a few.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I have an unused one if anyone is interested!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Jesse Feinberg co-created a youtube show that explains how to make your own.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » YAYA by Jesse Feinberg and Paul Harris Presents (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL