The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DISPERSE by Rus ANDREWS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

I will be sending out a few review copies of DISPERSE later today, if you would like to be one of those please drop me an email.

Russel@deceptionartist.com

DISPERSE is a way of shooting a selected card from any location in the deck and have it VISUALLY appear under your empty hand, card box or glass.

It also has a heap of other uses for your crazy brains to play with.

Demo will be up on the website later today.

All the best

R

Nicko
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Nicko
AND SO IT BEGINS!
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Now this sounds like my kind of magic!!
Nicko
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Nicko
Indeed MagiMaddy!

Rus has been kind to show me a performance demo vid of "Disperse" and it looks absotlutely killer man, the distance one can get with disperse is incredible and also, the instant materialization of the card under hand when shot out of the deck is WILD! I'd jump at a chance to get this from Mr.Andrews (which I will) as this weill be a killer addition to any magicians slieght toolbox!

Nicko

P.s. OPP 2.0......... Whats that?

p.s.s This is not a paid advert or ANYTHANG!!!!

all the best
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

here is a demo of Disperse, you can shoot the selected card the entire length of a pool table with this which is cool as the spec will not expect a card to be able to be shot that far during a card effect... gets cool reactions.

http://www.deceptionartist.com/disperse.cfm

This card can also be shot inbetween to Kings for example like an instant sandwich, looks great when thier delection just appears there after they have examined the cards.

All the best

R
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Very impressive looking id love to buy that
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Congrats, Rus - this looks slick! How difficult is the sleight?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
D*mn that looks good!!!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hey all

I have just sent out all the review copies of this.

This is a no frills video download shot with me a pool table and a deck of cards.
No fancy edits and flashy transitions, never been interested in that, I like to just get to the nit and gritty.

http://www.deceptionartist.com/disperse.cfm

Special thanks in advance for the people that are currently reviewing this for me.

All the best

R
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
You might want to send Andrew Wimhurst a copy.This looks exactly like the ending to his "Wimhurst cut".
Andrews on here as the user ASW.
Looks good Rus.
Cheers,Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Will do Ray

thanks for the comment

all the best

R
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Really enjoyed this!! I have to start practicing now. I will let you guys know more when I go out and road test it.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of RNK
DISPERSE....................I got this from Rus and here's what I think:

Download comes with 4 videos:
1.Explanation
2.Performance
3.Shooter
4.Variation

As you know this is Rus' clever take on, as he describes it, "Shooting" a selected card from the deck. I would say shooting is a good term- or you may say "Ejecting"- because the card truly comes out FAST. First I will tell you all the videos are standard Rus vids- shot simply and to the point. The quality is good and Rus' explanation on how to achieve this is shown and stated well. Basically, there are two Performance vids, the Explanation vid and the Variation vid which Rus explains how to shoot the card and catch or make it look like it appears under your hand, glass, etc.. As for the method- I truly love it. My main reason- NO GIMMICK! This to me is huge. Nothing to hide, there is only you, a deck of cards, a spectator and a freely selected card-any card! You never look at the card, the deck is fanned and the card is placed back in the middle of the deck- you could even have the spec place the card in the middle of the deck. As for the method- I feel anyone should be able to do this. Even if you are not a card buff- a little practice and you will be shooting cards across the table. If you have any of Rus's other effects- I would say this follows suit- "Not knuckle busting but yet the end result- Plays Big".... I really like this and will definately give this a go. After I get a little practice in and test it out in the real world I will post back.

Great Job Rus!

RNK
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I toyed with Disp3rse for the last 30 minutes and have to admit: this is a freakin' awesome little move!
Easy to do!
No gimmicks (honestly)!!
And the 'shoot' can even be delayed if so desired (this was not clear watching the demo)

Rus himself calls his instructions "no frills videos", but I was surpised how well everything's explained, even the sound quality is okay.
For those into XCM, they probably won't find anything surprising here, but the regular card guy will be pleasantly satisfied in finding an impressive move that is as versatile as simple!

Very nice!!!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Hi all,

Got this today. Disperse comes with a performance and explanation video (plus extras) all shot in a bar on top of a pool table. The quality is not high end, but that does not matter as everything is clear and well explained by Rus,

It is gimmick free and can be done 'on the fly' with no prep (except prior time spent practicing of course). If you can do a decent card fan, the rest should fall into place soon after. It is a little knacky, but only in so far as getting used to trying out the technique a few times until it 'clicks'. Nothing knuckle-busting but it will take some time to get 'right'. I woud say it is not beyond those proficient in comfortably handling a deck of cards. If the 'move' looks good to you on camera and you don't mind spending 30mins or so with a deck of cards, then this is for you. If not then move on... nothing to see here.

Hope this helps
Chris
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3027 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Yea Chris sums it up accurately. You will spend about 30-60 mins getting comfortable with this move unless of course you do something similar already. I toyed with it for half an hour, put the deck down, picked it up hours later and nailed this from that point on. I will use it for a revelation but also will now use it for shooting out 4 aces to not overuse another sleight for this type of effect. It's nice to change up handlings and this one fits the bill perfectly. As an example, now no need to cut the deck 4 times having aces sail across the table. Maybe do that cut on the 1st and 3rd ace and do Rus move on the 2nd and 4th. Overall, this is fairly simple, comes complete with short yet detailed video download explainations and should get your creative juices flowing.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
You could also use this in conjunction with the control that was published in this month's magic magazine where you just dribble cards, toss their card in, and you yet you are able to keep control of the selection in the way required with this trick.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Just got this and Rus continues to amaze me with his innovative outside the box thinking. Rus' material creates a memorable experience for the spectator. Disperse is no different. Terrific explanation and terrific material. Highly recommended.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
First of all thanks to those for taking the time to review DISPERSE; it’s a cool little move with many applications to it.

Thanks for all the comments, really appreciate your thoughts.

I have been performing Daniel Garcia’s White or Wheat using this, I loved this effect when I saw it on his project DVD, if you haven’t seen it you really should check it out.

Once again thanks for all the comments and for supporting my work.

All the best

R
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
This is very easy to do and very visual. Rus explains everything in detail and there are 4 different performance sections to watch.Thw handeling is streamlined with no excessive moves to get there.
If you want to get instant audible reactions form your audience, then buy this from the man who seems to have an endless supply of good workable material coming out of his brain.

Well done Rus another great idea.

Mike Donoghue
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DISPERSE by Rus ANDREWS (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL