The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How you got your magic name (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Majake314
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
245 Posts

Profile of Majake314
Hello
I currently don't have a performers name and I was wondering whether you need one or not.
What is yours? How did you get it? What kind of magic do you do?
I will be doing childrens magic but I don't want a gooby name like "the amazing... " or "...the magician"
Thank you for any advice, if you don't have any, just share the history of your name!
Jake
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
670 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Well names are tricky. I just go by my name. I didn't make up some weird name like Blew Steel. I just am Andy Young, but you will know if you find a good name it will just scream out at you.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
That is is a tough one! Sometimes choosing a name from literature works sometimes not. Sometimes you can sort of twist up your real name or add something to the end of your name. I mostly do stuff at medieval events and I am playing with the name "The Nearly Amazing Nigel".

-Max
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Spartacus is a forum name. The first name I used while working on Bourbon street in the 60s was, Zero Motel, which was given to me by ventriloquist and magician, Phil D'Rey. Phil also wrote material for me. Combined with the material I was using, my career in show business was a rapid descent into chaos. (Actually I quit to go to school). You will not find my name in any show business literature, police blotters, yes. You can read about Phil D'Rey here:

http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com/vent......ndex.htm
Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
296 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
I am in the same boat, so to speak.

No real name yet. Captain Hook is the name of my cat. I was filling out the form to join The Magic Café and was told not to use my real name. Cappy was sitting beside my computer on the table so I used Capt.Hook

Here he is doing what he and I both love - sailing!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-X5dzo......5458.JPG

I left a deck of cards on the table beside my computer and Cappy figured I was not paying enough attention to him. He knocked the deck on the floor and marked the top card for me - four nice clear teeth marks in the corner of the King of Hearts!

My next show I'll probably be called Grandpa - as I am doing my grand son's seventh B'Day party.

I also really don't like "The Amazing ..."

Magic Rik, maybe - who knows where it will go.

Shalom
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
Athelus
View Profile
New user
Aberdeen, Scotland
59 Posts

Profile of Athelus
Athelus is a mixture of words and names from some of my favourite books. Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings, and Athelas (Kingsfoil) From Lord of the Rings. Mind you I've been using it as an online name for a while now. You kind of find a name you like and you stick with it.

~Stewart
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I like the name Capt. Hook but you would probably get a letter from Disney if you tried to use it professionally. Cats rule, I have about 20 but I live in the country with a bunch of acreage. They are all rescued cats dumped at the local fire station. They keep the rats down. I also have two rescued dogs.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7043 Posts

Profile of bowers
In my shows and on my web page
it is the [magic man] it kindy
got attached to me like a nick name
at first and it has stuck with me
ever since then.
rmann
View Profile
New user
Milton VT and a forum newbie with only
96 Posts

Profile of rmann
@Dynamike... thanks for posting the link to that previous post. Good stuff there. I have wrestled with this one myself, but have just kept using my own name for lack of anything more 'magical'. After all, 'Doug Henning' and 'Mark Wilson' aren't the most magical sounding of names, but it worked for them!
_

Pastor Ray Mann

Champlain Valley Church of the Nazarene

St. Albans, VT (USA)

"...to Him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever." Ps 136:4
hp
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of hp
I've always used my real name, but since my first name is Howard I always wanted to adopt the stage name Howie Duzit.
s.freeman
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of s.freeman
You get your magic name the same way you get your soap opera name: (name of your first pet) (name of the street you live on) mine is Jazz Bison! hmmm maybe I'll actually give that a shot...
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
That makes my soap opera name Midnight Magnolia. Smile

-Max
Majake314
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
245 Posts

Profile of Majake314
That makes mine spencer lake vista... thanks anyway!!!
The MailMan
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of The MailMan
I just use my real name; Liam Devine.

And my soap opera name is Oscar Glenburn!
s.freeman
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of s.freeman
Wow those actually turned out pretty good!
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
A guy from Aus suggested mine and I just stuck with it ever since...
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Majake314
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
245 Posts

Profile of Majake314
Quote:
On 2012-03-30 01:04, solrak29 wrote:
A guy from Aus suggested mine and I just stuck with it ever since...

What is you name???
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2012-03-26 12:37, rmann wrote:
@Dynamike... thanks for posting the link to that previous post. Good stuff there.

You are most welcome.
Italia16
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Italia16
It's hard to have an obviously made up name that doesn't sound goofy ( at least to me). If performing for kids though, it might help to have a fun, goofy name.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How you got your magic name (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL