The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My sister needs a bone Marrow Transplant. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
My younger sister has Myeladyspasia, a disease that causes her bone marrow to not work correctly. It could turn in to leukemia. Our family is going to get blood tests on Monday the 29.

She is 6 months pregnant so the doctors want to wait until she hits 32 weeks before they take the baby.

My prayer request is that God heals her without any treatment. If that is not his will then pray that my bone marrow is a perfect match.

The pastor of the church we grew up in came by on Saturday to visit and he told her that he had a sense that she was not going to die from this. I feel the same way and take this as comforting news.

Pray that the holy spirit comforts my sister and her husband and my parents, who are having a hard time.

Thanks Steve for having this area and thanks to all of you who will pray for us. I will let you know if I am a match as soon as I here.

Thank You and God bless you.

Jeff Stubb
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of ventman
You're in my prayers. I'll continue till we get the good report.
Coldthorn
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
You are in my prayers, as well as your sister (obviously), and your whole family, Ed.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Howdy BigJeff,

I'm on the volunteer Nt'l Bone Marrow registry. You never know, I may be called on as a match. It's happened once before but the final testing showed "no match". In the meantime, she's in our prayers Smile There's thousands signed up and ready to contribute.
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
Jeff,

I'll be keeping you, your sister, and your family in my prayers.
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Big Jeff,

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Praise the LORD!!
I just found out I am a PERFECT match for my sisters bone marrow.

Thank you GOD, and thank all of you who were praying for us, it really means alot to know so many people care.

Monday night my sister, Julie, started having contractions, they lasted about 1 1/2 hours. Her doctor has her on bed rest. The blood test on Thurs, Oct. 2, showed her blood counts are stable.

Please pray for the baby, he looks healthy and normal. Pray that Julie can carry him until atleast mid November.

Thanks again for all your prayers and encouraging words and most of all THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!

Jeff Stubb
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
That's fantastic news about your being a match!!!

Hope all goes well Jeff! Smile
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Big Jeff that's great news! Smile
Wow! You know how rare your match is statistically? The odds are usually quite dismal and you both seem to have beat them. Wooohooo!
:bigsmile:
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Praise The Almighty! Smile

:online:
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5120 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
For an update on Jeff's sister, click here

www.themagiccafe.com
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My sister needs a bone Marrow Transplant. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL