We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Filbert Pumps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nomorechances
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nomorechances
Hi Guys. I am going to need to buy a pump besides my little hand ones(too busy, I am glad to say.) Does anyone know if the Filbert pumps blow up other balloons(160, 360)? Would I be better off with an electric pump(not sure I want to carry around...or how it would go with my costume. Thankss for any advice!
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
I have a Filbert, don't use it much though as I mouth inflate.

The nozzle of a 160 is to small to fit over the Filbert nozzle. You can get it on but will have to stretch it out. My daughter uses the pump all the time to inflate 360 and says its no hazzle for her. It does take a few pumps to get it inflated though.

Of all the pumps out there I think the Filbert is the best one.
Life of Magic!
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
I hate to complicate things, but my experience is different than Leland's. I use my Filbert at all of my gigs, and I use it to inflate both 260's and 160's. It is no trouble for me to stretch the mouth of the 160 over the nozzle of the Filbert. I don't use it to inflate anything larger than a 260. For 350's and 646's, I just mouth inflate. While I know I could potentially use the Filbert to inflate a 350, it just seems like less work to mouth inflate than having to use more than one stroke of the Filbert. I'm not saying my way is more correct. It's just my experience and what I do. I don't use an electric pump. I don't want to have to keep one charged up, and I don't like the noise. Again, this is just a personal opinion.
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
You will not regret buying a Filbert. It does generally take about 5 weeks to get it though. Blows up all balloons like a champ!
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
Personally I like the minimac light I think it is more sturdy then the filbert
nomorechances
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nomorechances
Thank you all for the replies. Of course, now I'm like "what was I thinking, of course I could mouth inflate the 350's." And I have a 160 pump, or could just stretch like you suggested. Gonna put some thought in over the next couple days...if I decide Filbert I'm gonna need that ordered right away. Thanks again!
Rob the Balloon Guy
View Profile
New user
West Hartford, CT
96 Posts

Profile of Rob the Balloon Guy
I blow up tons of 160s with my Filbert and almost never stretch the nozzle over the tip of the pump. If you just hold the nozzle to the tip with your hand, there's usually enough pressure that the balloon will inflate. I always give the balloon a little tug to help start inflating.
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Love the Filbert Pump. It's lasted well over a year and is intriguing to everyone that sees it. (Amazing how many people think it's compressed air...)
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Don't get me wrong, if I were to use a pump I would use the Filbert. I've tried other pumps just to test them out and see what all the fuss was about and I found the Filbert to be the best. So much so, that when my daughter wanted to get into the business I went out and purchased one. I was lucky to have picked up the last one at one of the balloon conventions.

Get a Filbert. You wont regret it.
Life of Magic!
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
Thanks, I'll stick with my mini mac. I like the idea of being able to get parts at the hardware store if needed. but honestly, I don't know how you would break one.

Yes. a filbert can do the other sizes. but 160 are hard to get on either nozzle. mac or filbert.
nomorechances
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nomorechances
Thanks again everyone. I decided to go with the mini mac. It is supposed to arrive today. I sure hope it does. Cannot wait to practice some stuff with it. Couldn't have decided without all the input. I'll let you know what I think after I've had a moment to mess with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Filbert Pumps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL