The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gary Kurtz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Hi guys

Does anyone know where you can buy Gary Kurtz material from? Aparently he has a set of lecture notes on mis direction and direction. Could some one pm me the name he uses for writing and what not? I think he has a whole Maven/Goldstein thing going on doesn't he?
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
You may be talking about "Leading With Your Head" which is CONSTANTLY on Ebay (or almost constantly). Do a search for "Gary Kurtz".

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Also it seems that Gary placed two video-tapes with lectures on market, few years ago, but I don´t remember where to buy them. Does any friend here remember it?

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Pablo do you mean the international magic lecture video?
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
I believe the Gary Kurtz booklet "Leading With Your Head" is available from Doc Eason. I don't have his URL readily available but it isn't that hard to find.
Cheers,
David
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Leading with the Head is also available from Jarle Leirpoll in Norway.
Its very good, but only 60 pages, which makes it a bit pricey.
Gary made two video's for one of the big American firms, A-1 or L&L. Also very good, but I'm not sure they are still available.
Garys book "Unexplainable Acts" is also very good and still in print. This book and the video's above use similar material and the video's cover his presentational idea's too.
Hope this helps.
I'm obviously a fan.
Eddie
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Quote:
On 2003-09-29 08:01, Nir Dahan wrote:
Pablo do you mean the international magic lecture video?

I couldn´t say because I have the videos at home, and I didn´t remember them, sorry.

I rememeber than one of these videos, begin with Gary performing a kind of "past, present and future" effect with a signed card, and continues with some coins tricks. But I coudn´t remember more.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile

We loose a great cardician and close-up magician, but we win a great mentalist.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
ruiefe
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon
131 Posts

Profile of ruiefe
I think the video is called "Let's get Flurious".
The booklet "Leading with your head" is wonderful and one of the few books that cover presentation in magic. Full of solid material and ideas.

You may see Gary Kurtz at http://www.riezencore.com
Rui Fernandes
"Carpe diem" - Horatius
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Jarle does indeed carry "Leading with your head" here ---> http://www.leirpoll.com/leading.htm

I ordered it and got it about a week later.

Dan
Doug Conn
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Doug Conn
Gary Kurtz is/was one of the best close-up magicians to grace this planet. He was the total package: Skill, Presentation, Movement (etc, etc, etc.) When he switched to mentalism... we lost a great talent (rumor has it he doesn't do ANY 'prestidigitating' any more.)

I highly reccomend all of his products.
My personal favorite is Volume #2 of the A-1 'series' if nothing else, just to see 'Misty Like a Dream.'

Regards,
Doug Conn
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
Gary does not do any "prestidigitation" anymore. To my knowledge there is three video of his work on the market: Two by A-1 Magicalmedia vol. 1 "Lets get Flurious" where you can find among other interesting things his famous three inches coin routine; vol. 2 is Creating Magic where is his Past, Present and Future card trick ( called Hypothetical Possibilities)and his 3fly routine, more of an act actually ( called Misty Like A Dream); the third one was shot during one of Macmillan London Convention, It is a lecture he gave there, I think it is called Live in London. In this one you will find His MacDonald Aces, his card to box and a performance only of UP ( Ultimate Progression) which is his fabulous progressive assembly.

At the last lecture he gave in Quebec City many years ago which was according to him his farewell lecture from magic, he showed me marvellous stuffs that unfortunately won't see the light of the day. I was very sad.

Gary was very bitter about many things in the magicdom that I won't expand upon here. It was our lost.

Have a good day!

Smile Smile
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
The problem is, without actually knowing that he is doing well in mentalism you KNOW he is doing well in mentalism. He is one of those guys that everyhting was so perfect about his presentation that he would do well in aything. Oh well, ordering Hypothetical possibilities after typing this!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gary Kurtz (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL