The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » First Hand A.K.A "Freedom Change" by Justin Miller and Paul Harris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I got this awhile back and finally performed it. It's very easy to do, but I wanted it to be as smooth as possible.

I've used Pat Page's original and moved to Extreme Burn 2.0. As far as visual magic, Extreme Burn would be hard to beat. But Justin Miller's First Hand wins in the high impact spectator reaction category. It happens in their hands and they give shrieks.

Try it and you'll never go back. This is an explosive effect to perform. I'm so glad I got this. Thank you Mr. Miller!
drewski
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of drewski
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 17:13, Zombie Magic wrote:
It happens in their hands and they give shrieks.

You too, huh?! Hahaha. I thought it was just the crazy people in NYC!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
How many of you have lost your money when they don' wanna give back the hundreds?

How does this compare to my Extreme Burn 2.0?
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-05-20 14:52, Illucifer wrote:
I don't see how it can't flash with a stack of folded bills, just as it does on the DVD. A folded stack won't be flush, so unless all the edges of them are colored in, I don't see how they could not be visible. Again, I realize it's effective and working for people based on what I'm reading, but as a general rule, if I see something flash, I assume others will, too. I don't assume the audience is clueless. In the very first demonstration on the disk, the edges of the bills were clearly visible, even in that split second display.
Just sayin'.

I own this, but have not actually performed it yet. I take my time before I integrate an effect into my performance repertoire, and I'm not ready to do that with this trick yet. I did, however, feel the same way as you do about the thick stack flashing. So what I did was pretty simple- I just trimmed down all 4 edges of the three bills that make up the rest of the stack. Seems to be OK in practice now! I'm still concerned about letting my spectators hold onto the bills, though. I know- audience management. Sometimes the best audience management is to just not perform the trick for that particular audience!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
I got this awhile back and finally performed it. It's very easy to do, but I wanted it to be as smooth as possible.

I've used Pat Page's original and moved to Extreme Burn 2.0. As far as visual magic, Extreme Burn would be hard to beat. But Justin Miller's First Hand wins in the high impact spectator reaction category. It happens in their hands and they give shrieks.

Try it and you'll never go back. This is an explosive effect to perform. I'm so glad I got this. Thank you Mr. Miller!

Yayyy!
JM
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-05-30 18:22, drewski wrote:
Quote:

Hey drewski,
1: pick and choose your audience..don't be silly!
2: not gonna happen! Why? Because when you change ANYTHING in the spectators hands they are NEVER EVER focused on WHAT changed, BUT just the fact that it DID change! You have them in a state of paralysis, time is literally frozen to them, and you flash the wallet, put it away and pick up the stack and show them WHAT JUST TOOK PLACE!
JM
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-05-30 22:25, BatsMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-20 14:52, Illucifer wrote:
I don't see how it can't flash with a stack of folded bills, just as it does on the DVD. A folded stack won't be flush, so unless all the edges of them are colored in, I don't see how they could not be visible. Again, I realize it's effective and working for people based on what I'm reading, but as a general rule, if I see something flash, I assume others will, too. I don't assume the audience is clueless. In the very first demonstration on the disk, the edges of the bills were clearly visible, even in that split second display.
Just sayin'.

I own this, but have not actually performed it yet. I take my time before I integrate an effect into my performance repertoire, and I'm not ready to do that with this trick yet. I did, however, feel the same way as you do about the thick stack flashing. So what I did was pretty simple- I just trimmed down all 4 edges of the three bills that make up the rest of the stack. Seems to be OK in practice now! I'm still concerned about letting my spectators hold onto the bills, though. I know- audience management. Sometimes the best audience management is to just not perform the trick for that particular audience!

YES! You have to just go out and perform this and you will see what everyone else here is finding out..IT WORKS!
JM
drewski
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of drewski
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 09:23, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 18:22, drewski wrote:
Quote:

Hey drewski,
1: pick and choose your audience..don't be silly!
2: not gonna happen! Why? Because when you change ANYTHING in the spectators hands they are NEVER EVER focused on WHAT changed, BUT just the fact that it DID change! You have them in a state of paralysis, time is literally frozen to them, and you flash the wallet, put it away and pick up the stack and show them WHAT JUST TOOK PLACE!
JM

Hey JM - It's a good shrieking. Haha. It's very much welcomed in my book!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

That was not directed to you drewski...I wrote the wrong persons name. It was directed to kevinr.
Thank you again.
JM
drewski
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of drewski
Ah, gotcha. No prob JM.
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2012-05-27 04:43, themagiczone wrote:
I love the bonus handlings for this. The card to box idea is great.

I'll be adding the images of the £5 notes I made that gives UK purchasers some very bad £5 notes you can print off to my site next week.

If you have not been there yet check out http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk

Any update for when the images of the bad £5 notes will be on the site?

Cheers,

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
184 Posts

Profile of Keith Atkinson
Had this a while now. Tried it for the first time over the weekend, using the `delayed change`.
Really, really good reactions.
A complete stunner of an effect.
Keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1567 Posts

Profile of Ihop
[quote]On 2012-03-27 05:56, MuscleMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 00:56, Sammy J. wrote:
Bahama id like to see David Blaine do this with 400 bucks in the neighborhoods he goes to film his stuff

I watched a You tube video of Blaine doing EB2 in a ghetto area and then giving out the $100 bills.
Cool!
But he probably had a decent budget to work with.

Ihor
Ihor
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Just got First Hand and having watched the DVD, I do NOT believe it will work with Australian notes, at least not as shown.
The issue is the size of the notes.
Our smallest demonition note is the $5 and is 130 x 65mm in physical size.
Our $100 note is some 28mm longer at 158 x 65mm.
Those who own this will see the problem - unless I do it in reverse going from 100's to 5's which would not have anywhere near the same impact and would make for an expensive gimmick!
When will I learn not to purchase effects which use American bills?
Guess I will have to come up with my own effect for Aussie bills... or just stick to a simple single bill change with a TT.
Lloyd_SG
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Lloyd_SG
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 21:47, Burf wrote:
Just got First Hand and having watched the DVD, I do NOT believe it will work with Australian notes, at least not as shown.
Those who own this will see the problem - unless I do it in reverse going from 100's to 5's which would not have anywhere near the same impact and would make for an expensive gimmick!
Guess I will have to come up with my own effect for Aussie bills... or just stick to a simple single bill change with a TT.

Hey Burf, how about changing magazine cuttings to Aussie bills?
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:

Hey burf,
Yea I think you are jumping the gun here my friend.
Changing the bills from 100's to 5's is a GREAT effect! It still has that WOW moment, and it fits perfectly in the context of a "bad" economy, Had money that you wanted to hide, so you changed it (like a getting robbed theme). And lottery tickets to money is working WONDERFULLY for aussies.
Many options here, no need to give up.
JM
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Quote:
On 2012-06-07 00:49, Lloyd_SG wrote:
Quote:

Hey Burf, how about changing magazine cuttings to Aussie bills?

I guess that would work, worth some thought.
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Quote:
On 2012-06-07 00:58, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:

Hey burf,
Changing the bills from 100's to 5's is a GREAT effect! It still has that WOW moment, and it fits perfectly in the context of a "bad" economy, Had money that you wanted to hide, so you changed it (like a getting robbed theme). And lottery tickets to money is working WONDERFULLY for aussies.
Many options here, no need to give up.
JM

Fair enough, worth some extra thought - I do like the effect just want to make it practical for my situation.
You mentioned in earlier posts about making slight adjustments to the gimick (also mentions it on the back of the DVD case) but no indication is given as to what they are.

Will definitely play around with the concept though, to see what I can come up with.
Thanks for your response.
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
australia
187 Posts

Profile of liampower
Hey burf,
Changing the bills from 100's to 5's is a GREAT effect! It still has that WOW moment, and it fits perfectly in the context of a "bad" economy,
[/quote]

But Justin the Australian economy is really good at the moment Smile
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-06-07 02:18, liampower wrote:
Hey burf,
Changing the bills from 100's to 5's is a GREAT effect! It still has that WOW moment, and it fits perfectly in the context of a "bad" economy,

But Justin the Australian economy is really good at the moment Smile
[/quote]
And cards don't just magically change all of a sudden...you can use the " I remember when it was really bad here in...insert country here" Part of being a magician is CREATING the moment for them.
JM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » First Hand A.K.A "Freedom Change" by Justin Miller and Paul Harris (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL