The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » First Hand A.K.A "Freedom Change" by Justin Miller and Paul Harris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Quote:
On 2012-07-06 00:51, Robert PG wrote:
Hey Justin! I scanned through the forum, and form what I understood the problem is when changing the bills form a smaller size to a bigger size, am I right?
I´m from Mexico and the bills I plan to use in the beggining are 100 pesos which their dimensions are 134mm by 66mm, and I want to transform them into 500 pesos which are 148mm by 66mm (meaning they are slightly larger), will this work? They are different color as well.

Also, anyone who is familiar with Triple Thread Wallet (by Anthony Miller), could maybe help me with this question: I own this wallet and I plan to use it for this effect; would I be able to properly function the Card to Wallet effect (using the bigger wallet) and FH?

Thanks in advance Smile

Robert

You defiitely want either the same sized bills or go from larger to smaller in physical size. Certainly much easier and forgiving going to a smaller bill and will avoid any possible flashing.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I've been trying this in practice sessions WITHOUT using the rubber items that were supplied in the package. Seems to work just fine. So, are these things really necessary, or am I missing the reason for them being included in the package?
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2012-07-12 08:42, BatsMagic wrote:
I've been trying this in practice sessions WITHOUT using the rubber items that were supplied in the package. Seems to work just fine. So, are these things really necessary, or am I missing the reason for them being included in the package?

Bats,
In the 9 months of research and development, we discovered that the bills DID stay together (when activated) ONLY 3 out of 10 times on a consistent basis. That is NOT enough to be considered perfect performance execution. So the bands are needed! PERFORM WITHOUT BANDS AT YOUR OWN RISK! Plus TONS of people carry their money encased in bands now so its not uncommon.
JM
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Ok, Justin- I was just wondering. Again, in practice it works. But, of course, in practice everything is optimal- my placement of the bills and use of my wallet, etc. No, 3 out of 10 is not good enough. So I'll go back to using them. I was just trying to simplify things. I don't remember if that was mentioned in the DVD instructions- I haven't looked at it in a while! Thanks a lot for the info!!!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
When mine arrived I set it up a little different. I am to able to show 100% of each bill when counting.
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
I like the idea of changing the US $1 to an Aussie $20....anyone dome this trick with a fire wallet? Like openning the Wallet and pulling out a burnt stack of $1 and changing them to "Good as Gold" currency? If you have I'd be interested to know whether you went with photocopies or you burnt the notes?
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
I got this and like it a lot. I am not very coordinated so it has taken a little practice. I use it quite a bit, it is a great effect to do in someones hand. I do hundy and extreme burn and 1 to 5 trans and this is a nice effect to use after doing one of the others. I use three bills, 2 dollar bills so when someone ask me to do it with their moneys, I say sure how many 2s do you have.hahah.... I use the 2 dollar patter that they are actually magical, that's why you don't see them very often... and then turn them into 20s... I highly recommend the 2 dollar bills, you can get them at any US bank, it totally stops "the can you do my money" question that I am sure everyone has been ask. If you research 2 dollar bills, you will learn that they were used in gambling back in the day and at brothels so they were frowned upon by a lot of the older generations. I occasionally use one to pay for something when I need cash and people go crazy for them, they love it because they never see them. It is surprising how many people think they are not readily available and are thrilled to see them , keep them (a tip) ... btw, I usually never carry a wallet of any type but I bought a fire wallet to use with this so now I have another effect to use too.

Anyway, think about the 2's , I have had some good luck with these....
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
Stewie
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Stewie
I'm seriously considering getting this. The only thing that's got me on hold is the "rubber band refills".

The fact that they need refills suggests to me that there is something special about the bands .. And they don't last. Does this mean I will only be able to do the trick 25 times before needing to buy some new bands? Or am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 15:55, Stewie wrote:
I'm seriously considering getting this. The only thing that's got me on hold is the "rubber band refills".

Why? Penguin sells them for very little.

Quote:
The fact that they need refills suggests to me that there is something special about the bands .. And they don't last. Does this mean I will only be able to do the trick 25 times before needing to buy some new bands? Or am I worrying about nothing?

The only thing special is that they are black, and sized perfectly for the effect. They will last like any other rubber bands, but you will notice that rubber bands do break at some point. You should be able to do the trick much more than 25 times, unless you happen to be extremely tough on your rubber bands. Before they had the refills I looked around and found other black bands but they were either much larger or the tiny bands for braiding hair.

Thanks!

Jim
Stewie
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Stewie
I know penguin sells them for very little. The cost wasn't my concern. My concern was that for some reason the bands break during the trick and you need a fresh band for each time you attempt the trick. I'm not worried about having to buy more if they do break. I just didn't want to get it, Break all the bands practicing, then have to wait for an order of replacement bands before I can perform the trick to anyone.

That's all I was asking. But you answered it.
So thanks Smile
Stewie
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 16:24, Stewie wrote:
I know penguin sells them for very little. The cost wasn't my concern. My concern was that for some reason the bands break during the trick and you need a fresh band for each time you attempt the trick. I'm not worried about having to buy more if they do break. I just didn't want to get it, Break all the bands practicing, then have to wait for an order of replacement bands before I can perform the trick to anyone.

That's all I was asking. But you answered it.
So thanks Smile
Stewie

In no way is there a danger of a band breaking in each performance. They are special bands because of the size.
JM
Stewie
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Stewie
Ok thanks Justin, that's all the convincing I need Smile
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
Can I use this with the F1 wallet?
AngeloAces
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn New York
54 Posts

Profile of AngeloAces
Quote:
On 2013-03-16 03:19, drphil wrote:
Can I use this with the F1 wallet?

Yup I actually use this with my f1 wallet and it works great!
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
AngeloAces: thanks for the info. Do any of the features of the F1 allow you to do anything extra to the effect or add to the routine?
AngeloAces
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn New York
54 Posts

Profile of AngeloAces
Quote:
On 2013-03-16 03:52, drphil wrote:
AngeloAces: thanks for the info. Do any of the features of the F1 allow you to do anything extra to the effect or add to the routine?

I have always done the basic routine with the wallet. I am sure you can use one of the features of the wallet could perhaps do something (trying not to expose anything). If I show a group first hand I always make it the only routine that utilizes my wallet as not to bring any unnecessary heat to it (i.e. I would not use first hand to the same group I have shown card to wallet or done a peek with the wallet).
Foxlute
View Profile
Regular user
UK
148 Posts

Profile of Foxlute
Does anyone know the best way to contact Justin Miller? There's no email address on his website (not that I can find anyway) and he hasn't responded to a PM here nor to a Facebook message.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4253 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 11:18, Foxlute wrote:
Does anyone know the best way to contact Justin Miller? There's no email address on his website (not that I can find anyway) and he hasn't responded to a PM here nor to a Facebook message.

He must be busy, He is usually online on FB and he's pretty good about responding unless he is out somewhere. Give him some time Smile I've always contacted him on FB with no issues.
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
Is Showdown wallet good to perform First Hand ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » First Hand A.K.A "Freedom Change" by Justin Miller and Paul Harris (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL