The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Nose Bleed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jack Masters
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of Jack Masters
I'm trying to find sources on how to create a nose bleed while doing a mentalism type effect. But I do not want to touch my nose to cause it.
In other words, do my effect and suddenly because of all the energy I put in, my nose drips a tiny bit.
Any ideas?
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
214 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
If you use a very thick blood -- Ben Nye makes a thick one that tastes like mint -- then you can load it into your nose and you have awesome time (maybe 20 seconds) before you bleed.

I've used the Ben Nye blood that comes in the smallest tube so I can palm it. I think it's about 1 oz.

If you inhale slightly, you may be able to keep it inside your nose longer.

S.
Jack Masters
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of Jack Masters
Thanks Sean for the reply.
Is there any known method of loading a capsule or something and having it bleed any time you want instead of so quickly?
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Depending on the surface tension of your blood solution, you might be able to make a small latex flap that would go over the outside of the nostril, not glued in place, rather just held by saliva or moisture, then flaring or twisting your nose to dislodge an edge would allow the "blood" to drip down, remove the latex under the guise of wiping your face, it should be hidden by the coating of blood.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Jack Masters
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of Jack Masters
Great ideas. Thanks for you help.
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I use capsules and they work great. Clean-up is very motivated so you end "clean". It's a great exclamation point. One time at a bar, I had a friend help me freak some people out by having HIM load the capsule, and then I went on to do a psychic "experiment" and just by concentrating on him I caused him to get a headache and then a nose bleed. Not many effects I've performed informally have gotten as big a response.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
James, do use it open on one end with surface tension, or closed and wait for the gelatin to soften and let it run?
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I just close 'em up. I do try to load them a bit in advance, to make it less obvious and give the capsules time to soften a bit. At some point I just kinda grab over the top of my nose with my thumb and forefinger and give a good squeeze, like when a person actually is getting a nosebleed. My magician friend suggested the tension method, but he said he tried it once and suffered from premature bleeding. I don't buy the remade capsules, I purchased a bunch of empty capsules a long time ago and fill them myself. If you like to see people just about go into shock, this is just right touch to do it! Smile
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Nose Bleed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL