The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2012 entrée: Angelo Carbone » » The Magic Show Book » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Hey Angelo,

I really enjoyed the effect you contributed to Mark Setteducati's MAGIC SHOW BOOK. It has fooled everyone I have shown it to. It is a real step up for this type of magic (which usually rely on mathematical principles.)

Personally - I love the concept of magic taking place totally in a spectator's hands. And possibly even fooling them as well. As such - I was wondering if this is a plot you have thought about exploring some more? You are a brilliant creator - and this area might throw up some unusual results.

I remember reading in GENII about another effect you designed which was left out of the book. That was very clever as well. So - it seems to me you have the knack for designing effects for this type of magic. I hope it is something you play around with some more in the future!

Joe
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I have that book - which effect is it?
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Hi Joe!

I presume you are referring to the Trunk Trick. Am very proud of that one because the secret to the trunk trick happens when performing another trick. It is quite deceptive. A nice touch when showing the trick / book to a fellow magician is to say; "I'll just reset the trunk trick" and then proceed to take the cut out of Mark from the last page and place it back in the starting position in the trunk. This makes it appear that it is the SAME cut out that has somehow jumped to another page. Of course this is not a true reset and you would need to do the proper reset later, in secret.

Also I advised on the Zig Zag Girl trick which is based on Tenyo's Sidetrack.

Well, one of the tricks that appears to happen in the spectator's hands is my Out of Order trick. I do like the plot of self-performing or fooling tricks and do need to experiment more on it.

Ed, Joe is referring to the Trunk Trick. Look in the credits inside the cover of the book to see which ones are mine.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2012 entrée: Angelo Carbone » » The Magic Show Book » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL