We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Outlaw (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
I'd search the forums, but both the search feature and http://www.searchthemagiccafe.com/ doesn't seem to work anymore. So how is Outlaw? Can someone direct me to a review? How clean is it? Is it as good as it looks in the video?

Here's the promo for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtlB8_7_M......embedded
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
This is a successor to Ultimate Monte (Michael Skinner). Like Skinner's trick, you will not be left clean, so no handing out those cards. That hasn't stopped probably millions of successful performances taking place over the years, however.

This routine has an added kicker, and the use of blank cards makes it look nice and visually straightforward.

Why not go ahead and try it?
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
575 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
This is a great card trick.
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1052 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
Looks like another great monte trick to me. Kris does a good job on the video demo too:

Video Performance of Outlaw

And for once Magic Makers have included decent crediting (from their website):

This effect has evolved from Pick It Out which was created by:
Theodore DeLand (1873-1931). Additionally inspired by The Three Card Trick With Four Cards by Joe Riding (1932-2005) & the Sidewalk Shuffle by Martin Lewis. Although influenced by great ideas in magic's past, we believe the special design of this packet trick along with the presented routine are original.

I'm in shock! Smile

Marty
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Nice version. Yep - the blank cards do add anoher dimension. I like it.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Just a thought...
Does anyone know if this could be done in the hands of the spectator like the Stand Up Monte from Garret Thomas?
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Rory111
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Great info....Thanks
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1052 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
Quote:
Does anyone know if this could be done in the hands of the spectator like the Stand Up Monte from Garret Thomas?

Not really no, due to the nature of the cards being used (you wouldn't want to put the special cards in the hands of a spectator). However, the four card phase of the trick (see link below) could involve the spectator handling a single card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtlB8_7_MlQ&t=1m35s

Hope this helps,

Marty
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Hi Marty,
Many thanks. Much appreciated.
Regards
Ray
MagicianEddiee
View Profile
New user
Sleightsville
3 Posts

Profile of MagicianEddiee
I have the deck, and gimmick, with DVD and want to add that the gimmick is exactly as I had expected it to be, there is a reason why the way the cards end, the three aces which are positioned in such a fan...Otherwise with new patter it should make for a good trick, I am just wanting to try to change the ending presentation to the videos, but no luck thus far.

Good luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Outlaw (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL