The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A NEW Gimmick for ya at the Lybrary ;) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Don't you just love Lybrary.com? Smile They have all sorts of amazing magic there at below-reasonable prices for such great ideas and presentations.

So anyway, I was up there the other day and came across an interesting piece of magic/part of magic that you guys should take a look at. It's a well-done and thorough ebook that happens to be recently produced by a fine Café member here. Smile I was surprised but come to think of it a while back here he also made available on the Café a free tutorial of his version of a coin rattle and it was quite clever. Well he has quite a history in the magic making business and has come up with an accessory called the Cosmar Coin Gimmick, something you DIY guys will really love. Smile It's a holdout and or vanisher that's truly clever, easy to make and cheap to put together on your own. In the ebook, he shows you how right up close via good explanation and a host of very clear to see photos. Seriously, you wouldn't believe how he puts this together but it really is quite clever and better yet, works like a charm. Smile

He shows you how to gather what you need, actually about $10 bucks worth of odds & ends and walks you through how to fashion it all together into a lethal weapon for producing and or vanishing a coin or several coins or even bigger coins. Smile He even goes through the handling in each situation and it's pretty darn easy. It's a nice piece of work and once you make it, you got it forever as this thing will last a life time. Smile

Specifically here, in this new e-book he describes how to build and use a coin utility that allows for secretly holding, retrieving, producing or vanishing five half-dollar coins or four dollar-size coins, or for producing one or two 3” size coins. If used with palming coins, the gimmick will hold double the number of coins.

I love when Café members strike out to do their own thing as many of them have some really wonderful ideas and this is one of them. If you don't want to spend a great deal of money and like producing/working on your own things, then this is nice way to do it. I remembering marveling over all the handmade stuff to make magic happen displayed at magic shops when I was a kid growing up NYC, always interesting stuff that showed how thinking develops before it ever might become so commercialized. It was always wonderful stuff of such great ingenuity and clearly served its purpose as to helping the magic to happen. This work here reminds me of all that in a new sort of way. Smile

I highly recommend you check this out and give it a whirl. I'm not a big gimmick or gaff guy but can truly appreciate good work in that arena. I think you will too. Smile So grab your Lybrary (.com) card and check it out. Smile

http://www.lybrary.com/cosmar-coin-gimmick-p-152557.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Nice find, Marion! I like this. Thank you! Much appreciated! Smile

Doug
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Can this be modified to work with dollar sized coins?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2012-03-28 13:15, Mb217 wrote:
...Specifically here, in this new e-book he describes how to build and use a coin utility that allows for secretly holding, retrieving, producing or vanishing five half-dollar coins or four dollar-size coins...

In a word, "Yes"... Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
What do you need to be wearing?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
You can be wearing pretty much anything. I can't think of any exceptions.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You are right about that GT. Smile

Glad folks are checking it out. It's really well worth it. Just great ingenuity. Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi Doug, glad to hear from you here on this. I know you like this sort of ingenuity and what's great is that it does exactly what it says it will do. Smile

Great little gimmick. Smile

jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
This is good! I'll definitely use it.
Thank you Mark and thanks to MB for bringing this to our attention.
There will probably be lots of applications for this.
It just shows that the cleverest solutions are often the simplest.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You're very welcome jazzy, I just knew folks here would like it. Smile

Hope others continue to check it out to see for themselves.

Christophe Rossi
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Christophe Rossi
Thanks for the info ...
I like the simple and organic side of it but don t know if I Will
use it yet ...
Anyway a good idea ...
C.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Just got it, Marion! Now, let's see what we can do... Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Keep us posted Doug, I'm sure folks would love to know your thoughts on this one. Smile

Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
MB, Thank you for the great review and thank you everybody for the positive posting and support that I am receiving.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Thanks, Mb- I'm not a big coin guy, but I've seen enough of your posts to respect your opinions very much. This is something I will be picking up, but I have to wait until Monday!
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Hey Café,

I just read through this E-Book last night and I think that Mark did a great job with it. It shows you how to make a nice gimmick, with varations to suit different sized coins, from things that you can easily find at the store. He also tells you exactly where he bought each item, how much he paid and has pictures so you don't get the wrong items.

Nice job with the details on building and using the gimmick and lots of photos of making, wearing, and using the gimmick to steal and vanish coins of all sizes. He does a very nice job all around and even throws in some bonus coin stuff for you.

Nicely done and worth picking up...

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Hi Hank, is what you say mean that there are different gimmicks for different sized coins? How would you know which gimmick to use?

I probably don't understand what this effect is about, so excuse me if I'm asking a dumb question.

edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Edh, This new e-book describes how to build and use a coin utility in three different sizes. It enables you to secretly hold, retrieve, produce or vanish five half-dollar coins or four dollar-size coins, or to produce one or two 3” size coins. If used with palming coins, the gimmick will hold double the number of coins.

Mark
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Hello edh,

Good to hear from you. As for your questions...what Mark said :-} LOL
Seriously, this E-Book does a very good job describing how to build a nice coin utility device. You should check it out.

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Sounds good. What tools are needed for building this? Is there any welding or soldering?

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A NEW Gimmick for ya at the Lybrary ;) (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL