The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shift (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
I have just received this and my first impressions are not good. I can hardly read the instructions as the type in the booklet is far too small. Also the link to the instructional video only takes you to the add on the Ellusionist web site. Can someone help so I can learn how to use it.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-08-14 16:53, BaryBazz wrote:
I have just received this and my first impressions are not good. I can hardly read the instructions as the type in the booklet is far too small. Also the link to the instructional video only takes you to the add on the Ellusionist web site. Can someone help so I can learn how to use it.

Small but perfectly readable. Get someone to read it to you.

Best
Sean
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
OK Sean giving it ago.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Good man. There's really not much to it and I think you may be very happy with it.

Best,
Sean
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Read it, managed to see the video , road tested , superb gimmick and delighted with purchase. Thouroughly recommended will go straight into my A list.

Barry
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Just received mine and I'm quite impressed. It's not as thick as a house key as already stated but it is thicker than I feared it might be. I haven't been able to achieve a completely flat key yet on re-set, however I don't have a spray yet so using the freezer. The little bump I'm not quite removing is barely noticeable though and the bend is very impressive. I've found that the key will stay straight in my trouser pocket for several hours which to be honest really surprised me. If I can improve my flattening I'll be be 100% happy
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
I am very temted to buy this however having previously bought perfect nail bend and an expensive coin bend I am not sure.( Both of which I sold on due to the work required to get them reset.)
Can you get the key straight again without to much fuss?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
It's the same kind of procedure as straightening the nail, however, it's much quicker and easier as it's thinner metal. As long as you can be out of sight for about 5 seconds you can straighten it no problems!
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Quote:
On 2012-04-21 01:17, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 21:59, edh wrote:

* Granted the dealers would like to shut Ustaad up so they can make these huge profits on certain items.

. . . and they have done it again - for the umpteenth time (once again THEY got my hard hitting post deleted Smile) . . . that's OK, no problem Smile . . . I will write and speak out what I believe and think is right and in the best interest of the common innocent man of our community.

It is an age-old fact that WE magicians INVARIBLLY love to cheat, fool, dupe & lie to our very own clan by way of false advertising etc. etc. (etc = End of Thinking Capacity Smile) just to make those extra bucks . . . and THEY shall continue to do so . . . BUT none of THEM has the capacity or capability (i.e. Ba*ls) to take on the mighty dragon and stop them from ripping off one of the best effects ever created by one of our BEST and greatest minds in magic. This is a sad state of affairs.

However in the past few years I have noticed that there has been an increasing trend and tendency of putting out readily available cheap props (with a slight modification to the shape of the prop) available from the above rip-off artists and selling them (with timely hype with the help of their close associates and school boys supporters) at exorbitant price so as to fulfill their greed for money by robbing their own simple and innocent brethrens. Such people, in my dictionary, are a bigger rip-off artist and I shall expose them wherever possible. I fear nobody. This is a much sadder state of affairs.

I have said what I had to. Thank you and continue please . . . Smile

Smile

Are you on drugs?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-08-29 08:18, Rabid wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-21 01:17, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 21:59, edh wrote:

* Granted the dealers would like to shut Ustaad up so they can make these huge profits on certain items.

. . . and they have done it again - for the umpteenth time (once again THEY got my hard hitting post deleted Smile) . . . that's OK, no problem Smile . . . I will write and speak out what I believe and think is right and in the best interest of the common innocent man of our community.

It is an age-old fact that WE magicians INVARIBLLY love to cheat, fool, dupe & lie to our very own clan by way of false advertising etc. etc. (etc = End of Thinking Capacity Smile) just to make those extra bucks . . . and THEY shall continue to do so . . . BUT none of THEM has the capacity or capability (i.e. Ba*ls) to take on the mighty dragon and stop them from ripping off one of the best effects ever created by one of our BEST and greatest minds in magic. This is a sad state of affairs.

However in the past few years I have noticed that there has been an increasing trend and tendency of putting out readily available cheap props (with a slight modification to the shape of the prop) available from the above rip-off artists and selling them (with timely hype with the help of their close associates and school boys supporters) at exorbitant price so as to fulfill their greed for money by robbing their own simple and innocent brethrens. Such people, in my dictionary, are a bigger rip-off artist and I shall expose them wherever possible. I fear nobody. This is a much sadder state of affairs.

I have said what I had to. Thank you and continue please . . . Smile

Smile

Are you on drugs?

Quote:
On 2012-08-29 08:18, Rabid wrote:

Are you on drugs?

No, he's not. Ustaad is HIGHLY educated and knows what he's talking about. A small number may not care for his frank talk ( the truth can sting ) but he comes here helping magicians, which is what this site is about.

As Ustaad famously says, "thank you and continue please".
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Quote:
No, he's not. Ustaad is HIGHLY educated and knows what he's talking about. A small number may not care for his frank talk ( the truth can sting ) but he comes here helping magicians, which is what this site is about.

As Ustaad famously says, "thank you and continue please".

+1

Ustaad has been nothing but helpful when I have spoken to him on the Café, both privately and publicly. He possesses a great deal of knowledge and is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Back on topic - I was also intrigued by Shift, but as luck would have it, I was able to acquire Psy-Key by Yves Doumergue (USA version) from a Café member for little more than the cost of Shift. While I do not have Shift, I can say that Psy-Key definitely has the appearance of a standard house key. If you are worried about the thickness, Psy-Key has you covered. It has a substantially higher price tag, but I feel it was worth it.

-Tony
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
I think you've both missed the point, and also seem to have not read as many posts by Ustaad as you think.
And it would be hard to read the one he made in Page 2 or 3 of this thread as it's now been deleted, but it was over the top, insulting and borderline libellous as far as I can recall (it was a while ago now and it's obviously not there now). Not the first time either.

Whatever...

As for frank talk and stinging truth, if that's the same as outright rudeness and making claims one can't (and doesn't bother to) back up, then count me in as being one of the small number.

(NOTE: I'm speaking specifically about the post that was in this thread and is now not...so none of this really makes any sense anymore anyway. Just wanted to clarify as you both seemed to think I'd made an unprovoked attack)

Steph
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Rabid, you're not alone. I've noticed the same thing.
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
This is a wonderful thing, I have used in my school classes over and over. I am wondering if it wears out any time?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shift (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL