The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Would You Expose An Illusion To A Parent? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Specifically the Chair Suspension. I opt to preselect a volunteer and run through the routine to minimize any negative responses from the child. I use the Sommers version, by the way. If the parent insists on verifying the reliability of the prop, how would you respond?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I would, but they have to keep it a secret.

If you don't want to, show Videos from shows you did before... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Not to be difficult Steve, but I wouldn't do a run through in the first place.

That said, although it has never happened to me, I would not have a problem exposing an effect privately to a concerned parent to alleviate their fears.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Thank you for the replies. Fortunately I was speaking in the hypothetical, as I performed the program today and the Dad was satisfied with simply seeing the effect in action with his daughter rather than asking specifics of the workings. RJE2, I understand most do not do a run thru, due to time restraints, logistics, etc. 98 percent of my programs are for church groups, so I have plenty of time for a "closed door" instruction session. I've only performed this a few times, and I want to do everything possible to ensure safety. Perhaps as I get more familiar with the effect I will back off, but it went perfectly today.

P.S. Thank you Kyle Peron for sharing your expertise both here on the Café and off. Information truly is power in this case.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Would You Expose An Illusion To A Parent? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL