The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Hi
I've started to go through The Manchurian Approach and have a few questions that I hope eny of you can take the time to answer. perhaps Jaquin him self?
When you're a beginner and want to train can the training be on the same person several times and do intruduktionen every time and I mean for example, magnetic hands?
can train on a family member? I've heard that you should avoid close relatives?
What age of people you should avoid practicing?
Handshake intruduktionen and focus on a point in the palm is almost exactly the same. I try to understand when to use the different options in what situation? I understand that you must introdusera you as a hypnotist for them to work and get their permission for this, such as handshaking introduction can not operate on someone who does not know that you are a hypnotist? You can not do this on a främmling without explaining what you do?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Yes you can practice on the same person. Get to the point where the words and actions flow so you have the headspace to observe, feedback and personalise your approach.
Only avoid close relatives if you would avoid them outside of the hypnotic context. You just have to get them to get involved in your process. If they do not want to do that, then like anyone else it will be a waste of time.
Avoid hypnotising people who are under 18. Avoid loud and aggressive persons.
The Handshake and Hand to Eye Fixation are exactly the same it is just that one starts by interrupting a handshake and the other is more permissive, starting with a request to borrow the participants arm. I find the more permissive frame appropriate for certain situations. Apart from that they are the same. Too much emphasis is put on the value of the pattern interrupt. It is nice, buys you a couple of seconds, but it is not necessary. Yes you can do it unannounced on someone who does not know you as a hypnotist. However it is better for your results and better practice to ask permission and announce yourself as a hypnotist.

Go and practice. Hope that helps.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
HI
Thanks and the line you wrote;

"Only avoid close relatives if you would avoid them outside of the hypnotic context. You just have to get them to get involved in your process. If they do not want to do that, then like anyone else it will be a waste of time."

I don't understand exactly...can be may small understanding to the englich gramma or what it meen.. I can train on close relative if they ar into it and let me do it..I understand it right..
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
That's pretty much what Anthony responded, Trixy.

It can be challenging working with friends and close relatives because they know you as a friend or relative and not as THE HYPNOTIST. If they can get into your process of studying and practicing hypnosis, it may be good to work with them. I would suggest that if you're not having success with friends and relatives it may be due to their previous relationship with you, not with your new skills. Try to find someone new to work with.

While it is perfectly fine to practice with one person and can really help build confidence, be aware that everyone is different. Just because something worked with the person you regularly practice with doesn't mean it will work with everyone. Sooner or later I would suggest trying to work with a wider range of people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL