The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » John Carney's DVD's ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Has anyone heard any news on the Carney DVD's? I received an email from him on the 18th indicating that they would be released soon, but I haven't seen anything since. I'm looking forward to their release.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Are these new DVDs with new material or are they his older VHS tapes (Classic Carney,Chicarnery)being put into DVD format?
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
New material, based off of the stuff in The Book of Secrets, plus some Ramsay material.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone knows when they'll be out.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Who is going to put them out? L&L ?
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
I think he's doing them himself, like he did with the book.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1083 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I picked up the Ramsay one and the second volume of his Book of Secrets from his lecture; the first dvd had to have some reshooting done, so it wasn't available then. However, he said they'd all be available soon through his website.

Brian
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Care to give a review?

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1083 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Love to, just haven't had a weekend to sit back and relax yet. The Ramsay dvd on misdirection I'm especially looking forward to. John Carney is absolutely amazing; even the simplest things he did drew gasps from an entire crowd of magicians.

For now, I can only quote from the contents on the back of the dvds below.

The Vol 2 dvd covers 5 routines from Secrets, some of which he presented at the lecture. As written on the back: "several methods for vanishing a handerchief, a variation of the classic Victor-Vernon routine with 5 coins and a champagne glass, a most efficient control of several cards, a hybrid of the Rosini and Ramsay thimble routines, and the classic cards up the sleeve using the entire deck".

The Ramsay dvd covers Cylinder and Coins and Coins in the Hat, but he explains concepts that can be applied in tricks of every description from close-up to stage illusions. "Here are the real secrets of sleight of hand; how to effectively apply knowledge of the mechanations of the spectator's mind and eye toward a more perfect illusion. These are lessons for all who wish to understand the art and science of misdirection."

Brian
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4729 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
John dropped me an email a few days ago and said the dvd's will be out any day now, I'll do a write up in the 'Catch of the Day!' forum after I've had a chance to view them. Looking forward to seeing these. Smile
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
mithrius
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
127 Posts

Profile of mithrius
Bekralik,
I'm saw the Ramsey DVD when I was checking out Carney's site...I'm very interested on your thoughts. Carney's theories in Carneycopia were outstanding, does the DVD take them further?
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
The 3 DVDs are available for order from
http://www.carneymagic.com
ahalim
View Profile
New user
Australia
18 Posts

Profile of ahalim
I got the Ramsay and Vol 2 of the Video of Secret at John's FISM lecture.....they are great, love them.

As with his Book of Secret, these DVDs are great and do help in understanding some of the content of the book.

I am going to get Vol 1 and I am sure it is going to be great too.

Regards,

Adipoetra
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Were his older videos any good?
ahalim
View Profile
New user
Australia
18 Posts

Profile of ahalim
John's Close Up and Far Away video is very good.
It is video of his Magic Castle performances and there are several routines performed which are also in his Carneycopia and Book of Secrets.
I think it's a good source to visually see how the routines are performed with all the details and thoughts John discuss in the books.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » John Carney's DVD's ... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL