The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Happiness is a package in the mailbox.
Happiness is finding your new Tenyo in it.
Happiness is learning how they do that #@*# trick Smile
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
A hot, naked, woman ( @ )( @ ) at your beck and call, or a sealed Floating Lady Smile .
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I agree edshern. The mailman does bring a lot of joy.

I am lucky to have a kind one that looks out for my stuff and enjoys bringing me my booty.

AA
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
On a first place is finding a hard to find Tenyo for a good price.

Second place is receiving a wonderfull close-up magic trick (Tenyo or other) that blows you away because it looks so d*mn beautifull, the secret is more diabolical then you thought and last but not least you amaze/entertain people with it with almost no effort because it's so easy to do.

On a distant third place is calculating/realizing how much your Tenyo collection is worth seeing the crazy prices on Ebay ... not that I plan to sell my collection EVER (it would also take a VERY long time to sell each trick seperately) but it still feels pretty good that all the work and time put into it for years kind off 'pays off' Smile
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 05:51, Killertweety wrote:
Second place is receiving a wonderfull close-up magic trick (Tenyo or other) that blows you away

OK Killer, Name the last 3 non Tenyo, because I wanna buy em.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 11:11, edshern wrote:

OK Killer, Name the last 3 non Tenyo, because I wanna buy em.

Here are some of my more recent effects that are basically self working, look great and blow (most) people away with the right presentation:

* Magic Wagon - Majestic Hydro Die (I was lucky to get my hands on one, they sold out for now)
    * Jamie D. Grant - Industrial Revelation
    * Promystic - Multidimensional (very expensive, but hey, people are paying 300 - 400 USD for some MUCH less good Tenyo's so actually it's a steal Smile ) - no more need for a Diabolicus or anything like that, trust me Smile
    * Mikame - Final Penetration
    * Dave Powell - Echanted Cube/Ring

Choose one ... really, you'll be pleasantly surprised Smile

I'll make a list of other items 'Tenyo-like' and post it one of the following weeks - and no, not all of them are expensive at all, it's a coincidence the ones I bought lately were, but they are money well spent because the trade value in the future will be OK.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Interesting choices. Just bought IR (haven't even gotten it yet) & just received Enchanted Cube Today.
Final Penetration happens to be next on my list.
Killer, Looking forward to the rest of your list.
Thanks
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
List...list...list!!! Smile
Skyker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Skyker
Killertweety, I just bought Industrial Revelation from your recommandation! Can't wait for your list ;-) Thank you!
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Killer.....how is the Industrial Revelation gimmick compared with the classic matchbox penetration gimmick?....I mean:

_ works the same way?
_ quality is better?
_ defies detection? (some matchbox gimmicks does not)

thank you
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
This list should absolutely include Magiro's Block and Wand Mystery - I own different versions of it and love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSq48aslo0g&sns=em
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Magic patagonia, IR is like the matchbox penetration on steroids. Same workings, but much more of an impact due to the sheer size and weight of the metal.
In my opinion, this is one of the few ultra-hyped effects that is as good as it sounds.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Nicolino, you are absolutely right. I have a very old one, small table-hopping size in wood. Great trick!

Another one to buy if you can find it is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z2HmQi4D......pp_video . I believe the version by Cormatches is still availabl. My version is kind of opaque on top so spectators can see the coin really go through the bolt.

MB Magic Works also has a few great tricks:
- the electronic Spirit In The Coffin is almost impossible to figure out for spectators, even magicians. I just bought a spare on Ebay for about 25 USD (used), so they pop up once in a while (make sure you get a working version because my first I ever bought didn't work at all);
- Tongue Tied is also a good one, see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NheHTwP_k80

Actually a lot of Cormatches/Magic Patagonia's tricks in his channel are great but often hard to find.

Magic patagonia, what Wizard Of Oz said. No, the gimmick is almost not detectable (unless you know exactly what and where to look for and even then it's almost invisible) - and with proper presentation all the attention will be on the coin and cardcase, there are a lot of great suggestions here on Themagiccafe. This IS a real 'worker' - you WILL use it, not because the gimmick is so 'new' and 'playable' but because the reactions of your audience make you smile, a lot Smile

I bought a great litle prop a few weeks ago - I can't remember the name of it (I don't have it with me) but it is a kind of penetration effect with dice. It resembles Magiro's Wand And Block Mystery but the dice are intirely closed in a shell ... absolutely great litle gimmick and fully inspectable before and after. I am planning to make this my first Youtube video (give me some time though), in the style of Magic Patagonia Smile

I'll have a list of other items in the next couple of weeks and am happy to share it with you guys - most of them are still available and I will post links of them - but you'll have to be quick because a lot aren't manufactured anymore.

Magic Patagonia, perhaps you can also give a list of your favourites, even if they have not been performed/uploaded on Youtube yet?
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-07 13:22, Nicolino wrote:
This list should absolutely include Magiro's Block and Wand Mystery - I own different versions of it and love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSq48aslo0g&sns=em

Agree....very unique and effective principle.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Killer....my favourite will always be Tenyo....but my curiosity grows faster than 5 tricks per year....so I have to admit that I have had some affairs with other magic tricks during Tenyo development periods Smile .....I would be happy to share a list of my non youtubed favourites......I need to sitdown and check my cabinet and drawers but in the meantime 3 comes quick to my mind (this are not so rare):

_ The Mark by Al Cohen: one of my favourite coin trick.....very ingenious gimmick:
http://www.emagictricks.co.uk/images/Lp0474.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_JjjH5i8Rk

_ Jewel Cupboard from Zauber Butike (OK this is a little bit more rare): the classic block release trick but improved a LOT...in this version the box opens on both sides and you can see the blocks correctly arranged just before the penetration......(you don't need small windows like in the other versions).
http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&nav1=gallery&key=4325

_ Mikame Drawer Box: I always mention this because this is a very different drawer box concept and I'm not sure if everybody knows that. Also it is beautiful.:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/images/mediu......_MED.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kNV8A5O6-o

Cheers

also....what is that great litle prop that you mentioned????......it's a find or is something more easy to get???....would love to see your video of it:

video!!!...video!!!...video!!!.... Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
One of my favorite Tenyo-like trick is Abbott's Hole in One.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmnkY3v8_......een&NR=1
For those of you who do not know how this works, think of it as a giant Tenyo Crystal Pyramid. The workings are almost better than the effect.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
I need to sitdown and check my cabinet and drawers

What Magic meant to say was, "I need to drive to my warehouse to check the tricks". Smile
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On 2012-04-07 22:27, magic patagonia wrote:
my favourite will always be Tenyo....but my curiosity grows faster than 5 tricks per year...

Quote:
On 2012-04-07 22:27, magic patagonia wrote:

MP, Very well said.
All, I love these ideas. Thank You! Keep the ideas coming.
I'm sure I will wind up buying most of them.
Too bad some are hard to find.
Ed
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have many non Tenyo favorites as well. One that I think Tenyo fans would enjoy is Campbell's Cube Off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg8AdLbDhTE

Very easy and very deceptive. Reminds me of a jumbo Tenyo trick. It is so automatic you could have the spectator do most of the work.

John
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Here are three great Magiro's effects. These are near impossible to find so I’m very thankful to have acquired them.
1. “Witch's Tunnel" is a fantastic effect. It is similar to Tenyo’s Crystal Cleaver and just as diabolical. See pictures and my review, with description of the effect at the website below. All can be examined before and after the effect. (The website indicates that this is a Howard Schwarzman piece but the original German instructions say this is a Magiro original)
http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&nav1=gallery&key=4085
2. “The Cube Prison” is also a great Tenyo like effect. A 3 sided folding panel with a window at the bottom covers a plexiglass tube that sits on a wooden base (see attached picture). The tube has two metal screws crossed at the top and are permanently locked in place. A spectator selects one of two cubes. This cube is dropped behind the panel and now can be seen through the window. The panel is lifted and the spectators can see that the cube rests inside the tube having magically penetrated the fixed metal screws.
3. “PATERNOSTER” (This was the German name) This is similar to Tenyo’s Coin through Match only better…in my opinion. A coin (half dollar or quarter) is dropped into a plastic coin sleeve that rests on a fixed base. The coin rests on top of the match and can be seen due to the recess at the top of the sleeve (see picture). Magically the coin penetrates the match and can be seen resting on the base through the recess at the bottom of the sleeve. All can be examined before and after the effect.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL