The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3479 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Kirk... thanks for sharing those great Magiro finds... they are definitely cool looking effects. I know that Hank Lee carried some Magiro items other than that I think these effects saw very limited release in N.A. In the past Howie Schwatzman was probablly the main source.

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Here are my pictures of the old Magiro Coin And Bolt and Wand And Block.

Coin And Bolt Mystery - the special thing is it is made out of hard plastic and is nicely decorated. The 'shell' where the coin goes in is semi-transparant brown. You can not see it in the picture but if a coin is placed in and moves through the bolt it is visible untill it gets in the square where the bolt is.

Wand And Block Mystery- the exact same as Felix's version, apart from:
- the magic wand which is black with golden ends and
- the blocks have a purple color where the stick goes in/around the holes.

Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
...plus the corners of your cubes are 'sharper' (not rounded).
Thanks for the pictures!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Yes, and I forgot to tell the blocks are made from wood like I mentioned before.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Well, your pics show pretty well that the cubes are wooden and their colour fits perfectly the tone of the base, right?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
They are actually a litle bit another color. Perhaps the stand was polished/treated with colored varnish so the wood looks darker, or the wood used is different, I don't know. Anyway, like said before, both the old wooden or the more recent plastic version are great effects anyone who loves these kind of miracles should have in his or her repertoire.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3479 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great pictures... the semi transparent feature is a nice touch on the Coin and Bolt (said it right this time!). I will give you $40 for both props (you pay shipping) this deal will expire at midnight... let me know <g>.

John
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of kwarren
I am considering maybe purchasing Coin and Bolt but I hesitate because the method seems obvious to me (though it does look like a quality made piece). Just like with my Tenyo collection, I only invest in the pieces I find intriguing. Of the Magiro pieces that I own, the methods have been quite ingenious. So, for those of you out there that own Coin and Bolt, please tell me that I would be pleasantly surprised by the method so that I can feel good about digging into my pocket and spend my hard earned cash. Smile
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Hey Killertweety,

I had the opportunity a few years back to purchase a Coin and Bolt just like the one shown in your picture. It’s a beautiful looking piece….I should have purchased it when I had the chance.
Does anyone out there have any idea how many of each effect Magiro produces? Since they are so hard to come by, I would guess not many.

Kirk
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Surprise.......Now there is a plastic item to my liking Smile
Looks great and the transparent area is really good idea.
Like to have both Coin and Bolt in plastic and the wood one.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-04-25 16:54, J M Talbot wrote:
I will give you $40 for both props (you pay shipping) this deal will expire at midnight... let me know <g>.

John

Darn! Missed it ... . Ah well Smile
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Here are a few other non Tenyo Items that I think are worth mentioning.

Mark Leveridge’s - WAND-ER-FULL. This is a beautiful close up effect involving various colored cigarette sized magic wands and a brass tube/wand holder. The wands change places between the tube and your shirt pocket and other magical effects. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. Why is it all the good stuff “Vanishes?” :-(

From Tricks Company of Japan is a very rare item called “The Magic Pierrot.” (See attached images)
There are two effects possible:
1. A white clown is inserted into a frame and becomes a colorful clown (not using the method you may think).
2. A Colorful clown is inserted into the frame and is then fixed with two clamps. The clown is then magically freed from the clamps and pulled from the frame.

Click here to view attached image.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 10:55, kwarren wrote:
Here are three great Magiro's effects. These are near impossible to find so I’m very thankful to have acquired them.
2. “The Cube Prison” is also a great Tenyo like effect. A 3 sided folding panel with a window at the bottom covers a plexiglass tube that sits on a wooden base (see attached picture). The tube has two metal screws crossed at the top and are permanently locked in place. A spectator selects one of two cubes. This cube is dropped behind the panel and now can be seen through the window. The panel is lifted and the spectators can see that the cube rests inside the tube having magically penetrated the fixed metal screws.

...anybody has been able to put his hands on one of these?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-04-29 17:54, kwarren wrote:
Mark Leveridge’s - WAND-ER-FULL. This is a beautiful close up effect involving various colored cigarette sized magic wands and a brass tube/wand holder. The wands change places between the tube and your shirt pocket and other magical effects. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. Why is it all the good stuff “Vanishes?” :-(

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there any info on this trick available? I can't find anything.

And I have the same question as Magic Patagonia Smile
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of edshern
I was looking for some new ideas and came across this post.
I was actually amazed at how many of your ideas I had bought.
Probably would have bought more but some are impossible to even find on google.
Oh well, here are the tricks you guys suggested.
How many have you bought because of the recommendations?

Abbott's Hole in One
Campbell's Cube Off
Dave Powell - Enchanted Cube/Ring
Jamie D. Grant - Industrial Revelation
Jewel Cupboard from Zauber Butike
Magic Wagon - Majestic Hydro Die
Magiro - Automatic Transformation
Magiro Banknote Miracle
Magiro: Coin and Bolt Mystery
Magiro's Block and Wand Mystery
Mark Leveridge’s - WAND-ER-FULL
MB Magic Works - Spirit in the Coffin
Mikame - Final Penetration
Mikame Drawer Box
Promystic - Multidimensional
PATERNOSTER
The Cube Prison
The Magic Pierrot
Al Cohen’s The Mark
Witch's Tunnel
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5359 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 11:08, kwarren wrote:
Here is another Magiro effect worth mentioning (and also near impossible to find):
Bank Note Miracle – This is a penetration effect using a barrowed dollar bill. You have two tubes, two shot glasses that fit inside the tubes and a square plastic plate. A glass is placed inside one of the tubes and the plate is placed in top of it. The 2nd glass is now placed on top of the plate. A barrowed dollar bill (whose serial number has been recorded) is folded, wrapped in tissue paper and a rubber band and paperclipped together. This packet is placed inside the top glass and the 2nd tube place over it. Abracadabra! Remove the top tube and the bill has disappeared from the glass. Remove the plate and the lower tube. The bottom glass now has the tissue paper wrapped around its mouth and held in place with a rubber band. The barrowed bill is inside the glass. A very cleaver method indeed!

Kirk

Somewhat similar to the trick above, Ickle Pickle put this trick out years ago, and it kills:
http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=6816
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3479 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes Wizard that is a great effect, used to perform that quite often. Works great for kids and adults. Need to dig it out again.

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Great suggestion Wizard, thanks! It seems a lot of versions are for sale. Which one do you think is the best one?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5359 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
My pleasure Killertweety. I would go with the Ickle Pickle model. It's well-made, and fairly priced...although I no longer see it on their website. I wonder if they discontinued it?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of edshern
On the first page of this thread Kwarren mentions;

“The Cube Prison”
“PATERNOSTER” (This was the German name)

Anyone know where I can find these. Tried Google without luck.

Thanks

PS- Any new thoughts on alternative ideas???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL