The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3478 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I just got in Magiros "Wand and Block Mystery" today. What a clever piece! The method is much simpler (but brillant) than the complicated solutions I was coming up with in my mind. Have a few other Magiro items on order and am looking forward to seeing more creative thinking from this magic inventor.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Glad you're happy with it! I thought it'd just fit in here perfectly....
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3478 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes, I cannot imagine any fan of Tenyo not liking this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Impossible for me to figure out how it work, really mind blowing.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Can anyone shine some light on who Magiro is, is he still alive, what country he is from, what tricks he has put out and where to find them? I just did a lengthy web search and came up empty.

It seems like most of his really good stuff is made in small quantities. If you’re not lucky enough to happen across one, well…just forget it :-/
I have the few that I mentioned earlier and one more on the way.

Kirk
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Correct, Magiro is a German inventor and producer, currently living in Bavaria (Rosenheim). During his career he has put up lots of clever tricks to the market.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2012-04-23 16:39, J M Talbot wrote:
I just got in Magiros "Wand and Block Mystery" today. What a clever piece!

In case someone's interested here are some pictures of my old original Magiro version, made entirely of wood:

The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Yep, that's the one I also have, but my dice are from wood - by which I mean they also really look like wood, they're not painted in black.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Interesting, are the instructions German? Did they come from Böttcher?
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
That is a very cool never seen that before.
I couldn't have the plastic one after seeing a wood one.
Might change my mind though depending on wood never becoming available.

Thing very noticed is the wood folding panels appears by construction of the folding hinge and thick front panel adding to depth of the side panel coupled with large black bead located between the slot and rear circle corner decoration make the slot appear more centered on side pieces. Light years less noticeable that the slot is not centered.

The plastic one in the video has deep side panels, very narrow front, no set back hinge look because or paper thin front, with slot very close to the front giving suspicion something is sliding back and needs cover. Even if that is not the way it operates. Not a good look and would think after spinning it around would really be notice, someone would point that out. Not a square tube, has no back, slot way close to the front. The wood one makes a huge cover up to these points to me. Why some decoration wasn't applied to the white plastic one to help cover this up is unforgivable to me. Even a peal and stick decal would have helped.

Richard
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Yes, Richard, the wooden one is much more classy!
Hence my disappointment when realizing the new one doesn't come with a wooden panel. I also like the mysterious decoration on mine.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Still have not figured out how for sure it works but the offset slot to me is giving something away to even the most casual observer. LOL
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I think I got it I'll PM you to ask : )
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I love it when I'm right! Smile
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
This prop must be smaller than the closeup makes it look.
How large are these blocks, base, and panels front and sides, length of slot, length and diameter of the rod?

If I had measurements of each I could make a wood one comparable to the original that would be nice.

One thing I would add to mine would be little brackets or blocks to insert a pin into the panel on both side to steady it from lifting or shifting once placed and would make the routine a little longer also.

You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

Or tell me to get lost and buy the plastic one. LOL
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3478 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
All I can say is that I fooled a number of magic friends with the plastic version last night... the wooden one looks great but the plastic version is still a fooler. Mr Wizard please do not take offense to this but I am a little uncomfortable with the open discussion on building your own from what you have learned here.

Cheers,

John
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Well I haven't learned anything that I haven't figured out myself you can ask the one I PMed if this isn't true he only said I was correct, and I can guess at the size by the video if I wanted to. Just thought I would ask if the wood one is larger than the plastic one.

There is nothing wrong with building your own props that is what separates the men from the boys in my profession make your own tools.

Ok please nobody tell me the size on this post.
That is why I asked to be PMed if someone wanted to tell me it wouldn't be a problem.
Notice I didn't tell how it was done just speculated at an obvious part that is glaring to anyone. Don't hate me cause I have a keen sense of observation. Smile

Richard
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3478 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Richard, I meant no offense to you. I like to support magic creators and think they should be rewarded for their ideas. Perhaps out of fairness to Magiro you use PM's for any further information as you suggested. I applaud you for working out the MO... I was way off on this one.

John
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
No offense taken at all.
I try to be as vague as possible in a public forum on how something is done.
I was blown away too by the effect!
I just used logic how is it possible to do this I finally came to only one conclusion.
But you can never be 100% sure on anything.

Very good trick and glad to have seen it performed even though in the video it was a little clumsy.
I have never seen this before and would love to have it in wood but appears not available.

So If I want one I would have to build it.
Would take less than a day once everything is here.
I am very handy like that.

I may add Margiro Coin and Block Mystery is Super Spike in wood that is no secret. And very well done I may add! Smile

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL