The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
saverle
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
114 Posts

Profile of saverle
[quote]On Aug 4, 2012, magic patagonia wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 10:55, kwarren wrote:
Here are three great Magiro's effects. These are near impossible to find so I’m very thankful to have acquired them.
2. “The Cube Prison” is also a great Tenyo like effect. A 3 sided folding panel with a window at the bottom covers a plexiglass tube that sits on a wooden base (see attached picture). The tube has two metal screws crossed at the top and are permanently locked in place. A spectator selects one of two cubes. This cube is dropped behind the panel and now can be seen through the window. The panel is lifted and the spectators can see that the cube rests inside the tube having magically penetrated the fixed metal screws.

I don't have this one, but .... in the book Magiro Magie which I have, it is explained how it works, together with many other items... The problem for many of you is, that this book is written in German. Not for me, but for US citizens a reason to skip this book.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2012, J M Talbot wrote:
I just got in Magiros "Wand and Block Mystery" today. What a clever piece! The method is much simpler (but brillant) than the complicated solutions I was coming up with in my mind. Have a few other Magiro items on order and am looking forward to seeing more creative thinking from this magic inventor.

A late revival of the thread, admittedly.... but could anyone familiar with the various incarnations of said Magiro trick please have a look at my question here:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&forum=4

I'd be terribly thankful! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Great to see you on the postings Brother!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hey Nicolino... hope all is well!

I read that info on Andy's site as well with interest. As he states it appears that prop was actually made in Germany by Cannon magic. I have the later Cannon magic version that used a plastic screen but the cubes look very similar to the ones on your nicer wooden version. I suspect that they may have just used different styles of cubes over the years they produced the effect.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Glenn, John!! What a warm welcome, thank you. To tell the truth... I wasn't gone, I was just elsewhere, LOL! Smile Smile Smile

Yes, in fact I also have the plastic Cannon version which comes with these 'edgy' wooden blocks, and yes, they look similar indeed. It just piqued my curiosity why I can't find any reference to my rounded cubes anywhere. Let's keep waiting and see if there's any other input from owners of this fine illusion.

Stay healthy!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL