The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Any Card at Any Number by Barrie Richardson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
My favourite mem deck effect using the Aronson stack.
Served me well for a long, long time and clinched many thousands £££ of corporate business over the years.
Beautifully constructed routine by Mr Richardson that cannot be surpassed in my opinion.
Cheers,
Paul.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 12:14, Paul Fitzgerald wrote:
My favourite mem deck effect using the Aronson stack.
Served me well for a long, long time and clinched many thousands £££ of corporate business over the years.
Beautifully constructed routine by Mr Richardson that cannot be surpassed in my opinion.
Cheers,
Paul.

Paul,

Is this effect you are referring to in Barrie's "Theater of the Mind" book? Thanks for the info,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Hi Mike,
Yes, this is the one - just my opinion but I don't need to look any further for an ACAAN routine.
Mr Richardson's routine has never let me down and just blows the spectators minds!
It's a beauty.
Cheers,
Paul.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I totally agree. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Just to add -
Barrie's Quartet is an absolute killer also when it comes to a card memory routine.
I love to perform this, although Looch has a couple of brilliant card memory routines on his book and dvds.
Cheers,
Paul.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks for that info, Paul. I'll have to crank out the book and re-read this effect. I've been performing Barrie's "Impromptu Card at any Number" off and on over the years but it'll be interesting to go back to the original. If the original required a mem deck, that is probably the reason why I gave up on it. Now that I do use the Aronson Stack, it's time to revisit this effect.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
mindyourmagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mindyourmagic
I'm a long time fan of Mr Richardson - love his work.
Alberto Manetta
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Alberto Manetta
I love quartet. I must confessed that it makes me a bit nervous to pass the deck to be shuffled by participants.
Alberto
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I also make good use of this ACAAN. It's so easy yet so darn deceptive. I love to use their shuffled decks for this.
Ken Abbott
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Abbott
Can't remember the name of the ACAAN trick in Theater of the Mind that forces either the Queen of Spades or Queen of Hearts, but have used it in my stand-up show and for walk-around for years. It allows for great interaction with the audience and never fails to get a wonderful response. I have made a slight adjustment of the deck which allows the selected card to be turned the opposite direction from the rest of the deck when the named number is reached.

Ken Abbott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Any Card at Any Number by Barrie Richardson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL