The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anyone Buy From Maxello Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Was wondering if anyone has bought Tenyo or anything from Maxcello Magic?
If so how did you like the condition of items and service you received from them?
Buying from Thailand makes me uneasy on large order or any order actually.
Did it take forever to get your stuff?
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1917 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I was able to buy one Crystal Pyramid they had left (I believe they have one or two more - contact them if interested). The trick among a few others) was BADLY package and crammed inside the box. The trick itself (genuine Tenyo) is OK but the plastic bag/foil is damaged/broken. I mailed them and they replied they would be more crafeull next -time, which they did with my last order a week or two ago ... . With my last order to my surprise I got a free Tenyo Soft Coins (not in package and copied instructions so I guess used - but it looks like new) which I thought was nice of them.
It takes a week or two for the package to arrive in Belgium.

I have ordered a few times in the past and never had problems, so I think you can feel confident ordering from them.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I have ordered from them a couple of times. One order was very large with 20 Tenyos, most for my collection. It takes about 3 weeks to the US.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I asked this in a different post but since I am here now and you have answered to my question I'll ask again here.

When you ordered from them did you have to pay any additional Customs charges when it got to you.
They have this disclamer makes me wonder.

CUSTOMS: You may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, when ordering from us, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I have order magic and slot cars from all over the world and have never ever paid a customs fee.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 05:41, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
I have order magic and slot cars from all over the world and have never ever paid a customs fee.

Well that is good news... when I seen that customs thing I thought "I don't need any surprises after it gets here" : )

I replied to your PM just a few minutes ago.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Well I will be thinking twice before I consider buying from Maxello.
I checked the price on the Prison Box there, it was 36.95 they have 4 of them.
So I added all 4 to the cart to check what the shipping would be here is what it came to.

Copied and pasted right from my cart:

to-10143 Prison Box by Tenyo X 4 36.95 = 147.80
Weight: 0.520 Kg
Total: 147.80
25 % Discount: - 36.95

Shipping: 22.20
Grand Total: 133.05

Thought hey that is a good price but made the mistake of contacting them to ask if they can get anymore than the 4 they have.
Guess what they did........ can you guess...... that's right.

They emptied my cart completely and jacked the price up to 44.95 ea in less than 30 minutes time while I had these added to my cart!

And didn't even reply to my questions about it or the other items I asked about!
So remember this when you think about buying from them in the future.
Do not ask them about anything your are interested in you will be sorry!

Good to know they cannot be trusted before I purchased something.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1917 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 07:02, MrWizard wrote:
Thought hey that is a good price but made the mistake of contacting them to ask if they can get anymore than the 4 they have.
Guess what they did........ can you guess...... that's right.

They emptied my cart completely and jacked the price up to 44.95 ea in less than 30 minutes time while I had these added to my cart!

And didn't even reply to my questions about it or the other items I asked about!

That absolutely stinks Smile !
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Your case is interesting.

Maxello actually has a pretty good rep amongst the Tenyo community. I have purchased from them before, no issues, my shipment came from Thailand.
What happened to you is unacceptable and unethical, doesn't sound like them. I would report the incident and ask them point blank what they plan do to make the situation right.

Setting realistic expectations helps a lot, the days of finding Mystery China Box in bulk stored away in some warehouse at $25 a pop are long gone. Take the good with the bad, getting most Tenyo items now isn't a cheap affair. All of us are lucky to find some stuff cheap but the truth is, Tenyo is doing nothing but going up due to simple supply and demand.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Since it has been over 30 minutes I cannot edit or delete the above post so here is the new sudden update.

Well surprise again they must be reading this thread or read my message I sent them about the sudden price increase because it is suddenly back down to 36.95 since I posted the above post.
Guess they figured it may cost them more in the long run and quickly lowered the price back down to where it was.
Still not happy about what they attempted to get away with I would have had them paid for but have to think about it now.

So all is back to normal with them but remember don't ask about anything you want before you click the buy button first.

If the staff wants to delete these 2 post it is ok with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anyone Buy From Maxello Magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL