The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paint the Roses Red DVD by Lewis Lé Val (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2703 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Phillipe are you referring to repeating the s***? And Andrew, are you referring to a p***? I just received it today and those thoughts came to mind. Even though I now know how to do it, clueless on the workings. I haven't looked at the rest of the DVD, but can't wait!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2640 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I'm not sure what a p*** would be...nothing I'm doing starts with a p as far as I can tell....
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I just want to say that "Henry Sugar" is an absolutely fantastic effect. Kills people, they just say "No way!" AND it is dead easy.
Poor Liam, selling his soul to the devil for good magic, tsk tsk.
James

Quote:
On 2012-04-16 11:27, Cameron Francis wrote:
I watched Harmony and thought it looked a bit similar to an effect by Liam Montier called Henry Sugar. Turns out, it is very similar. So similar in fact that I was shocked to learn that Liam receives no credit on the project. I'm sure Lewis didn't know about Liam's trick. But maybe some sort of crediting arrangement could be worked out. It's just too similar to not credit Liam's effect.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Jack's now added a whole bunch of stuff to the Paint the Roses Red product page, If you read through the ad copy there's a link to a page with crediting for each of the effects on the DVD, as well as a link to full performance footage and the WPR is on there too.

If anyone has anything to add to this credits list, please shoot us an email and we'll check it out and if legit will add it in!

http://www.the1914.com/store/products/paint-the-roses-red/

Rock n roll,
DC
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
The term "independently discovered " is becoming more and more common on the Café .

The trend appears to be , its OK for me to think up a principle and if I and a few of my buddies don't recognise the idea its fine to publish the principle in an effect.

The question I have Dee , is how much due diligence was undertaken to be sure that the principle was not out there before say Harmony was added to the DVD . I asked 5 guys with a good working knowledge of card magic and 2 picked up on the Henry Sugar effect .

It is sad to see this trend continue and expand with profit to be made.

Andy
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of rjs
Andy, baby, you are sounding a little too harsh.
Many reputable card magicians have come up with ideas that are already in print. I'm sure that they are very disappointed when they are shown that someone else got there first.
I came across Gary Ouellet's pro-control technique in a slim paperback on kid's magic published several years before his (expensive) version.
In Apocalypse, Harry Lorayne once published a new card trick by Stephen Tucker which was an ancient Annemann dual key card effect.
Ben Train recently rediscovered Syd Segal's version of Triumph.
Knowledgeable people can sometimes get it wrong.
It's not a big problem, as long as the crediting is then revised.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 09:50, rjs wrote:
Andy, baby, you are sounding a little too harsh.
Many reputable card magicians have come up with ideas that are already in print. I'm sure that they are very disappointed when they are shown that someone else got there first.
I came across Gary Ouellet's pro-control technique in a slim paperback on kid's magic published several years before his (expensive) version.
In Apocalypse, Harry Lorayne once published a new card trick by Stephen Tucker which was an ancient Annemann dual key card effect.
Ben Train recently rediscovered Syd Segal's version of Triumph.
Knowledgeable people can sometimes get it wrong.
It's not a big problem, as long as the crediting is then revised.

I wholeheartedly agree. Let's not be too quick to crucify. Personally, I'd be frightened to death to release a magic effect lest I perhaps unknowingly left out some credit that goes back to St. Peter. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
619 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Can someone please direct me to Henry Sugar as
I have never heard of it? Thank you.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of jcroop
http://www.full52.com/

Way down at the bottom.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Henry is also available at tricktastic.com and vanishing Inc Smile
craigwest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of craigwest
There is a Henry Sugar thread on the Café

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=109&108

Craig
sacramentohypnosis
View Profile
New user
America
78 Posts

Profile of sacramentohypnosis
Well I finally purchased the DVD and I'm really glad I did.

I loved Harmony, indeed it kept me awake most of the night playing
around with ideas that were sparked off in my head and finally I had the lightbulb
moment of inspiration.

I can now perform a version of Harmony, whereby the deck of cards is brought out and
placed on the table Before anything begins.

The volunteer has a 100% Free choice of suit (no forces of any kind) and the suit they
choose is the one that is used for the effect.

They cut, then shuffle, then cut then shuffle as per original explained on DVD and the outcome
is the same effect to the audience.

Now I know you'll be thinking but whats the point in that when it looks identical to the
general public.

However I just wanted to find a solution to give them a 100% Free Choice of Suit and now I have.

Also the solution means that everything looks fair and normal when the cards are being dealt
face up by the spectator (eg absolutely nothing strange about the cards order will ever be noticed by anyone)

And it affords you the opportunity to INSTANTLY perform the effect again with another suit of cards
being chosen by a second spectaotor if you so desire with the exact same deck, and without you needing
to touch the deck at any time before this repeat performance.

Yes a very interesting DVD indeed...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paint the Roses Red DVD by Lewis Lé Val (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL