The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paint the Roses Red DVD by Lewis Lé Val (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Looks like we have a 'new' miracle maker on the scene. The dvd also is available in Blue-ray format.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGwS_ssoLmk&feature=related

The ad:

In this DVD, you will learn a collection of LLV's working effects that are easy to do and insanely powerful. If that wasn't enough, you also have access to a 45 minute roundtable discussion between LLV and Dee Christopher on subtleties and techniques that you can add into your own performances to make them more powerful and effective.

Harmony - Despite the spectator giving a deck of cards two thorough shuffles beforehand, the performer is able to know the exact order of cards in a chosen suit.

Curiosity - The spectator secretly conceals their own coins at various locations on their body (left pocket, right pocket and one in their closed fist). The performer is able to divine the location of every coin. As a finale, the date on the third coin is also revealed under seemingly impossible conditions.

Binary - The spectator finds their selected card using an unknown prediction card from another deck. The prediction is then revealed to bear the same value as the original selection and to have even predicted its numerical position in the deck.

Off with his Head - During an entertaining exposé of card cheating techniques, the performer finds a royal flush in a deck of cards previously shuffled by the spectator.

Hack - A number force using a spectator's borrowed phone.

Caterpillar Control - A flashy card control paying credit to Chris Brown's Venus Trap.

Wardrobe Change - Instantly make a card change by popping your T-shirt!

As well as all of the material taught and the roundtable discussion, we've also included 4 PDF files on the disc to expand on some of the effects and subtleties taught; You will learn to tell instantly whether your spectator is left or right handed, how to sense when a phone is about to ring and how to create false memories with a little known visualization technique.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Le Val was a guest on this week's WPR and did Harmony for the guys. Very cool. He presented it as a memory demonstration, although he only glanced at the face-up spread for a split second.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
What were your thoughts french? great effect, believable etc?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Producers, please watch this demo, because they show some FULL performances. You know what your getting. Please stop the MTV, creative nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGwS_ssoLmk&feature=related
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
To be honest, lunatik, I'm not sure it's something I would do. Memory effects are not really my style, although I do enjoy seeing a good one performed. It fooled me. Seemed to fool the WPR guys, too.

It's basically as described: Craig named a suit, and Dave gave the deck a couple of cuts and a couple of faros. le Val had Dave spread the deck out, face up, and he made a show of glancing at the deck for a split-second. Then he looked away and shielded his face with his hands while he had Dave deal the deck face-up onto the table. le Val called out which card from the chosen suit would be the first one dealt onto the table, then the next, then the next, 'til he'd named all 13 cards in the order they came out of the shuffled deck.

One interesting point for those who've watched the demo Zombie posted: le Val said it doesn't matter how the spectator shuffles the cards -- so presumably the spectator could do overhand shuffles rather than a riffle or faro.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thanks French! I'm thinking that the principle might be useful for possibly using it as an 'unknown' card selection. but that might be weak compared to the original presentation. I wonder what other effects could be done with this principle? good thoughts!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 20:57, lunatik wrote:
Thanks French! I'm thinking that the principle might be useful for possibly using it as an 'unknown' card selection. but that might be weak compared to the original presentation. I wonder what other effects could be done with this principle? good thoughts!

Depends on the method, I guess. I thought I was onto it the second time I saw it done...but le Val's statement that it doesn't matter how the spectator shuffles the cards has me thrown.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Yeah, I'm totally stumped as well. congrat's on this release le val Smile
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I honestly don't think you can have it done with an overhand shuffle. Matter of fact... I just tried my theory and it works. So unless he is doing it differently, you cant over hand shuffle.
I've been training these cards since they were small.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 23:58, Seeker wrote:
I honestly don't think you can have it done with an overhand shuffle. Matter of fact... I just tried my theory and it works. So unless he is doing it differently, you cant over hand shuffle.

Your theory's probably the same as mine. Smile But it doesn't jibe with the statement that the spectator can shuffle however he wants. That's the puzzler.
houston_3721
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of houston_3721
Lewis does some hypnosis and mind reading too(YouTube). Looks promising.
By the way, he seems to bear some resemblance to Daniel Madison! Maybe the accent?
please pardon my English
houston_3721
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of houston_3721
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 00:16, FrenchDrop wrote:
Quote:

Your theory's probably the same as mine. Smile But it doesn't jibe with the statement that the spectator can shuffle however he wants. That's the puzzler.

I guess what he really meant was spectators can faro(like Dave did) or riffle(other ways). Looking forward to Lewis' thinking on the whole principle though.
please pardon my English
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 00:35, houston_3721 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess what he really meant was spectators can faro(like Dave did) or riffle(other ways). Looking forward to Lewis' thinking on the whole principle though.

cutting the deck twice and riffle shuffling each time will change the order of the named suit from my experimentation's Smile
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 00:35, houston_3721 wrote:
Quote:

Could be, I guess. I wonder how practical that would be, though. I wouldn't want to hand a spectator the deck, tell him to shuffle, and just count on him to do a riffle.
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
And Harmony is only one effect from the DVD, 'Curiosity' obviously interests Craig P, and from the decription above has me intrigued. has anyone else seen the DVD, or performance of any of the effects?
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
Harmony does look really good to me.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
A friend performed Harmony to me and unfortunately it fooled me for the first 3 cards and then the method becomes pretty apparent, to me at at least.
I'd imagine that a switched on spectator might catch on too.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Even if they showed up in numerical order, how did they after 2 cuts and 2 riffle shuffles. That to me is what's amazing lol
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
There is a similar method in Steve Beam's Multiple Impact with two riffle shuffles on a multiple location effect.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Ben Earl also has something using a similar principle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paint the Roses Red DVD by Lewis Lé Val (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL