The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One, Two, Punch! - Max Krause (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Wow! Max just showed me his new One, Two, Punch!. I have to say its a great routine. Two single dollar bills morph into a two dollar bill. Not only does it look cool "and quite off the beaten track of say the Mis-Made bill or One to Hundred" The serial numbers on the two single dollar bills are recorded and added up. When the bill morphs into the two dollar bill the serial number matches the total of the two singles, what a kicker. Only Max would think of something so devious. On my wish list!

Great work again Max!!!!

Check it out:

http://innovativedeceptions.com/?page_id......ct_id=28
Kuttermagik
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Kuttermagik
This is such a great effect! I just saw it for the first time and it went on the list of things I MUST have. I won't describe it because RenzIII did a great job of that. Don't believe that it's awesome? Then get in touch with Max and see it first hand! Amazing as always Max, keep 'em coming!!!!!
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
906 Posts

Profile of David Klass
The serial numbers adding up to the new total is a nice idea, but surely only if you borrow the two original notes?

Laymen will know you've somehow done a switch, even if it is very clean and magical looking.
And so for the numbers to add up isn't really a kicker ending.

Like I said if you could (seemingly) borrow the initial two 1 dollar notes and then have an impossible giveaway at the end this would be amazing.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Other than the bit with the serial numbers, how is this different from Michael Ammar's Two Dollar Bill Tear (from Encore 3)?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-04-09 05:58, David Klass wrote:
The serial numbers adding up to the new total is a nice idea, but surely only if you borrow the two original notes?

Laymen will know you've somehow done a switch, even if it is very clean and magical looking.
And so for the numbers to add up isn't really a kicker ending.

Like I said if you could (seemingly) borrow the initial two 1 dollar notes and then have an impossible giveaway at the end this would be amazing.

Not sure why you think laymen will know there is a switch if you use your own bills as opposed to their own bills? I think you are way over analyzing it. I have some of Max's works. They are top notch. This looks great
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
906 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Because you are showing them it change into a two dollar bill.

When you do a bill switch do you think the people watching actually believe you have changed their bill into a higher denomination?
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
906 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Because you are showing them it change into a two dollar bill.

When you do a bill switch do you think the people watching actually believe you have changed their bill into a higher denomination?
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
679 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
I agree with David. They're going to know it's a switch either way.

But if you're using borrowed bills then the serial number thing is amazing. If you're using your OWN bills, then the serial number thing is almost completely unimportant. it would be like making your license plate appear in a flash of fire AND predicting your own license plate number. The second part is essentially a "so what."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
My Magician thoughts say the he bills have to be borrowed, otherwise it's 'so what'.

But people can be funny at what they will react to. Has anyone, that has zero affiliation to the producer, performed this that can share what happened?
Richard Shawn
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Richard Shawn
So I just oreded this from Max. Switch no Switch who gives a rats a__! If done properly the layman will have no idea. Produce the two bills from your fire wallet. So much attention will be on the wallet, they will forger about the bills. Use a money clip and take them from there. Ask the audience who has singles walk around take a few put them in your pocket and say thanks if I do this all night I'll be rich then switch. The effect is totally different, but it's like in UltraGum you need to make a switch and people get blown away by that. Then for the finale as the two bills become one new bill is no different than any bill switch, but then the kicker is the serial numbers add up.

I plan on using this with my supreme serial killer. The great thing about Max is that he will give you so many ideas to put this effect to good use.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One, Two, Punch! - Max Krause (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL