The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blindfold Advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DomcMagic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of DomcMagic
Hi there,

Before I post, I shall let you know that I have close to no experience with, or knowledge about blindfolds.

I do own a metal blindfold that I purchased years ago, but provides very limited vision.

What I am looking for is a gaffed blindfold, or technique that leaves the magician with very clear sight - not just a small hole for limited bits of information. I have read on the forum recommendations of blindfolds for mentalism routines, however my routine requires very clear vision in a stage environment, so need to make sure that before I buy any of these, that they will suit my act.

Thanks for your help.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10323 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
As a new poster you may have difficulty getting the answers you seek for specific methods and products here in this forum as it is a public forum. Specifics such as these are usually better discussed downstairs in Inner Thoughts, however you are not permitted access at this time. Access is allowed once you have achieved 50 legitimate posts. So yo may want to hold off on these types of questions or you may not find the answers you are seeking at this time.

Do you wear glasses or contacts? Are look needing full vision or single vision?
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2612 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
The oldest method is the best for straight ahead sight. There's always going to be 'something' in the way.

You could also make your own. Doesn't require a huge amount of thought to be honest!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The basics of blindfold work can be found in Corinda, Annemann and many of the classic works on mentalism.

Do you have any experience or background in mentalism? We tend to be a bit more open with new posters who tell us something about themselves. As has already been noted, this is a public forum and not a place where we discuss methods. I recommend you check out the "sticky" topic at the top of this forum.

I look forward to seeing you in "Inner Thoughts."

Good thoughts,

Bob
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Yes, Inner thoughts is the place for this but as was mentioned, in Corinda, you will find everything you need to get going. Don't be put off by the age of the book, it is a classic for a reason and is the #1 book I go to first when searching for something. Also, you may want to think Osterlind as well for something along the lines you may be looking for. Smile

Darren
Twitter @darjames
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blindfold Advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL