The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » How long would you take to practice a flourish? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SuperMagic
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of SuperMagic
I would take no more than an hour and wait for the next day so that my hands could get a recovery. Almost everyday I practice. How long do you practice and is it everyday?
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
I don't count it ... I don't practice, I just play with it. But not everyday, moment when I hold cards only.

Bone. Smile
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
As I get more and more addicted to flourishing, I find myself constantly with a deck in my hands. I don't really think of it as practice, though. I'm just doing it because I MUST! LOL!

A lot of spare time is spent watching flourish videos. I watch them and then go, "How the hell did he do that?!" Then for the next week or so, there I am, in line at the coffee shop trying to immitate what I saw.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1991 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Just be comitted to a lifetime of practice and you'll find it ALL gets better each day.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
This doesn't just apply to flourishes - but any sleight you want to learn. At the moment it takes me about half an hour to walk into work, so whilst I'm walking I'm practising coin sleights. People passing probably think I'm a little strange! - but I'm getting daily practice in which would otherwise be dead time.
Mark
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
As long as it takes to hurt or get a little progress.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
The first day I learn it, about 6 hours LOL. I usually spend all day on something new and very cool that I fall in love with i.e. cobra cut. After that I just do it for about an hour a day, or whever is best
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
flourishczar
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of flourishczar
As long as it takes, often I find myslef ***** off. I get discouraged (sp?)often, and then after I cool off 1 day to 1 week I am cool agian.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Don't try to practice it. If you're not enjoying it, it won't happen. Try to make a habit of always holding a deck, or having one handy. If you really don't feel like picking one up at a particular time, then don't. You will feel like it in a few hours. Just keep practicing and practicing. Most flourishes should start to take shape and be almost to the point where you go Smile in just about a week or less. The true answer of how long it takes? You should never be done with it. Always always always
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Practice, what practice?

I never really sit down and 'practice' sleights often cause I get bored or frustrated, however I've always got the object for the sleight I'm trying to learn on me wherever I go, well nearly lol. I just do the sleight randomly when I have a spare second. It's like practicing without practicing. So much easier and you get better without noticing it.

Mike
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » How long would you take to practice a flourish? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL