The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vaudeville Deck Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
Finally finished the review.

Overall a good deck and it is hard to beat the overall look and the bonus reveal card is also one of the best "extras" I have ever seen with a custom playing cards. Based purely on performance I rate it a 3 Star deck. Definitely a better produced card than most off the shelf USPCC cards but a pretty average performer within the custom playing card market.

*** (3 Stars)
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2986 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Blue Crown says that this deck will never be reprinted. What's up with that? After all of the work and development they said they put into it, why not keep them in stock and reap the benefits?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
Quote:
On 2012-05-15 22:48, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Blue Crown says that this deck will never be reprinted. What's up with that? After all of the work and development they said they put into it, why not keep them in stock and reap the benefits?

It will help drive the prices up. It doesn't directly effect their bottom line, since the prices shoot up in the secondary(e-bay) market, but being a company with a rare and highly valued deck helps you branding. That in turn helps sales of future decks that you sell.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2986 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
On the other hand, though, I'm less likely to invest much in a deck that won't be reprinted. If you put in the work of writing presentations specific to the deck, you're going to want to know that it will be available in the future. Otherwise, why bother?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
For magicians who like to "use" custom decks you are absolutely right. There are a few gaffs I like to make, including my "meLt" gimmick, that take time to make. Making DB cards and so forth takes time and effort. It is nice to know that in the future there will be cards available to use with all those gaffs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vaudeville Deck Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL