The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » NEW BRIEFCASE TABLE! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use a briefcase in my act and I take the simple route. I bring in or use a table already at the venue and set my briefcase on top of it.
It is set off to the side.
I have a small light-weight harbin table that I use as my only real performing surface and that is out front with me.

Using an actual table with the briefcase allows me to keep the lid open and use the small bits of room around the edges to set things down if I feel like it.

I guess a product like this makes sense if you're never going to use it as a performing surface but I woudln't use it for both.

On the other hand, I've watched Chris Capehart use a nice version of this set-up, where he was getting props in and out of it, plus using it as a small performing surface, and it seemed to give him joy.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
keith2606
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of keith2606
I had this before. Don't last.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I've been looking for a good briefcase table, but from what I've read here, and what two friends have told me, this one is junk.

Does anyone actually make a professional one, one that's built to last, with the performer in mind? Everyone talks about building their own, are there really no good options out there?

Thanks for your great, honest review Harry. Patrick I assume you're with Murphy's?

Thanks,
Kevin
RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
149 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
I'm with Frank on this, moreover while travelling to performing venues these kind of tables are more of a menace than help. Best Wishes, Raj.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » NEW BRIEFCASE TABLE! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL