The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Weight loss (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snm
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of snm
I've been using hypnosis to help Cynthia here lose weight. To date she has lost 20lbs in about three months! She's now been chosen as a finalist in a contest with $4500 worth of prizes! The are choosing the winner by whoever's pic gets the most likes! So if you all would like her pic it would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3......&theater

PS - Speaking of weight loss. Does anyone have any recommendations on using hypnosis for weight loss? I learned from Gerald Kein and so it's purely direct suggestion. Anyone know of any more veristile or useful techniques?
snm
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of snm
I did have someone share a wonderful little tip with me..

We should try to avaoid calling it weight loss. As when you lose something you have to find it again. We should refer to it as weight management!
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
A useful thing might be to suggest local anasthesia. Then amputate a leg. You'd drop twenty pounds quickly that way.

Seriously, well done so far.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1569 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On 2012-04-10 16:23, snm wrote:
I've been using hypnosis to help Cynthia here lose weight. To date she has lost 20lbs in about three months! She's now been chosen as a finalist in a contest with $4500 worth of prizes! The are choosing the winner by whoever's pic gets the most likes! So if you all would like her pic it would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3......&theater

PS - Speaking of weight loss. Does anyone have any recommendations on using hypnosis for weight loss? I learned from Gerald Kein and so it's purely direct suggestion. Anyone know of any more veristile or useful techniques?

The link would not open for me.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2012-04-10 16:24, snm wrote:
I did have someone share a wonderful little tip with me..

We should try to avaoid calling it weight loss. As when you lose something you have to find it again. We should refer to it as weight management!

The person that told you that is wrong in their understanding of the multiple definitions of the word "loss." "Loss" does not always imply a yearning for the noun described to be regained. The definition the person told you was just one of a few associated with the word. "Loss" can also just indicate an amount subtracted from something, as in "The loss of pain made it easier to continue the fight." "Loss" also does not necessarily imply a temporary state of subtraction, such as in "The battle resulted in a great loss of life."

I think "weight management" became the PC term because some fat people were offended by the idea that people promoting weight loss were basically saying "Not being fat is better, and I'm selling not being fat because why would anyone want to be fat?"

Anyhow, when it comes down to marketing it all just depends on what you feel comfortable with putting on your business cards and website. If you feel "weight management" is a better description for what you do, use it! It's all about communication. Just wanted to comment on the wording you brought up there. And congrats to you and your girl on your successes! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Weight loss (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL