The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Presto's Super-Silly Sponge Ball Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Check out my new sponge ball routine for kids entertainers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6nSKEt9rQ0

Hope you enjoy it!

- Kevin
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Kevin, the video didn't show the routine, just kids reactions. They loved it, but are we supposed to see?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2442 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Is this available through your favorite dealer? Or just through you?

I am intrigued, but the demo showed me nothing magical that caught my eye and made me think, "I want to buy that!"

What made me intrigued was how hard you had the children laughing. I still would have liked to have seen at least one or two snippets of magical moments in the demo though. At the end it says it has all these magical moments but yet not even one was shown clearly.

Just my 2 cents.

-Paul
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Yep, it's just the teaser trailer. The actual trailer won't be posted until Thursday of next week or so. It has a few more shots of the magic, plus a couple of quick shots of the DVD. Great thoughts though!

I'm in talks with a few dealers, but it's currently only available through me.

Thanks! - Kevin
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Kevin, best of luck with the new release!
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Wasn't much of a teaser either..
Good luck though with it

Don
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Unless you are using new sleights ,showing the routine would be, in effect, giving it away for free.He is selling a routine.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2442 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2012-04-12 18:25, Glenn Watson wrote:
Unless you are using new sleights ,showing the routine would be, in effect, giving it away for free.He is selling a routine.

Right, that is why I said he should show at least one or two, not all of them, so we can get a flavor of the routine. At the end of the teaser it claims to have just about every type of magic in it that is possible. Color changes, size changes, appearances, vanishes, (the list goes on), I thought we might be able to see a couple. Since there is so much going on showing a couple pieces certainly is not going to give it all away. Obviously the children found him funny, I'd like to see a bit more as to why so I can make an informed decision.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I think what is putting some off is that the first post says "Check out my new sponge ball routine" and then you watch and don't see any part of a routine.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Zombie, sorry for the confusion. It's just a teaser trailer for the routine. It lets you see the audience reaction and gives a little information as to what the routine includes. The full trailer has a couple more shots, including some of the DVD, but as Glenn states, I'm not selling sleights, just the routine. (the patter, order of sleights, premise, etc.) No new sleights here, just a simple retention vanish and the self-working magic of sponge items included in the set more or less. It's a tricky thing trying to sell the routine, without giving it all away! Thanks!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I hate teasers! And that's not a knock against you, Kevin. A lot of magic sellers are posting teasers anymore and in my opinion they are a complete waste of my time.

For years magic was sold without the benefit of demo videos; then the video craze hit and it really did become difficult to please anyone because videos almost always must either have a lot of cuts and edits in order to NOT give away the methods, or they must be full uncut videos which can always be slowed down, examined frame by frame, and give away the store. Personally I don’t mind edited videos as long as they aren't totally deceptive or false.

But I sure do hate teasers!!

I don’t envy your video predicament! Good luck with your DVD Kevin.

Thank you.

Jim
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
So is it available now? What's the cost and how would one order it?
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
I found Waldo hiding behind one of my
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
Hey Kevin,

Just read about your routine for sale. Cool! Nice to see another guy from the Northwest selling Magic. Chance Wolf, Steve Taylor, (the late) Jerry Andrus, Presto... I like it!

Curt
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3007 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Just ordered. I never do sponge balls for kids - always go with the sponge rabbits. But if this routine is good and gets the LPM's, I'll definitely consider it.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12089 Posts

Profile of John C
Is it the kids you're selling? Cause I don't think that's legal.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2442 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Dearwiseone,

Did you ever post a full trailer of this? I would be interested in learning more about it. Thanks.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I've been tracking this and wondering the same thing. Did it all just evaporate?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Presto's Super-Silly Sponge Ball Routine (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL