The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lassen/Schollcraft? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Hi guys,

I have sent both of these guys an email on the weekend, no sniff of a reply yet, how long do they usually take to reply?

Also, does anyone recommend any other gaff coin makers? Don't just want a list of them, but actually looking for a reputable dealer, good communication, good customer service, amazing craftsmanship and well recommended?

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
The best way to contact Mr Todd Lassen is to call him...he is very friendly, and will answer all your questions quicker...he always says on his blog, that email is the worst way to get in touch with him...just call..he won't bite!
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Oh and I've bad both schoolcraft and Lassen....I love my Lassen gaffs much more!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Both are pretty much one-man operations and can take some time to reply. That said, I have gotten a response from Todd via email and it took about one week.

Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
As has Been Said Call him! In the time It takes to do one E-Mail He can have 2-3 Gaffs Made! Smile

I was Up at his Place 2 days Ago, And he was hard at Work! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have lassen coins also.his work is top knotch for sure.
but another choice for sure is roy kueppers.i have several
of his coins also.and his work is superb too.
todd
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Usually schoolcraft will answer ur email pretty fast (1-2 days)
lassen,will take a long time to answer your email ... I want to call him but because I live ouside US, its pretty impossible

Roy kueppers and xavier belmont work is top knotch too! and they will answer your email faster than the two mentioned above.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
For me, Lassen is the best of the craftsmen (I've owned from all standard names but Xavier, so I cannot comment on him).

I called him, left a message, and he called me back - even though I didn't ask him to call.

Lassen has a "cool Otis blog" (not sure what that means!). Just go to his site and he often lists things he is currently working on. When people see something they like they comment on that particular post (though I would call or email, as well, especially if you are not one of his regular customers).

My viewpoint is this: next year, will I care more that I got exactly what I wanted? Or will I care more that it took longer than I personally desired to get it?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Keep in mind that each craftsman has their own inventions/specialties. IMO no one else can match Todd Lassen in his 3t, Cerberus, Lassen reel, UWC, China bit, TWIAD, Morgan gravity flipper and the beautiful copper and brass coins he now mints himself. No one else currently makes Tango's superlative Morgan TUC. I can't yet speak of Xavier Belmont's Ambivalence (waiting patiently), but I have heard it is revolutionary. Roy Kueppers is getting a very positive (IMO well deserved) reputation for his split coin work. If you want any of these treasures, you will need to be patient and develop a relationship with them. It certainly doesn't hurt to do that anyway and I recommend doing it with all of them.

If all you want is a real silver ] or Exp] HH set or CSB there are several good reliable suppliers (Mark Mason, Roy Kueppers come to mind). I used to include Johnson pro line of real silver in the reliable list and I have a few coins from them that are well made, but I have heard some questions about their customer service lately.

Alan
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-12 23:21, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Keep in mind that each craftsman has their own inventions/specialties. IMO no one else can match Todd Lassen in his 3t, Cerberus, Lassen reel, UWC, China bit, TWIAD, Morgan gravity flipper and the beautiful copper and brass coins he now mints himself.

His gaff coins are top notch...my 3T should be here anyway this week!!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea Just got A Morgan Locking half from Todd to match my Morgan 3T. ( both KILLER!!! ) I will be using both Of the Tapes !
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Between the 2 I prefer Lassen. Personally I feel the quality is a bit higher. Remilling is better, shells deeper, from my limited experience.

Calling him is a good idea. He was great to talk to and I can't recommend him enough.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I'll follow suit. Todds work seems to be exceptional. I've never seen anyone elses work and am not sure I need to. Waiting for a quarter shell. I can't wait!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
The China Bit, is that the same thing as Chinese bit by Eddie Gibson but in Dollar size?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
xav5000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of xav5000
Todd Lassen and Xavier Belmont are the best of the best
Schoolcraft is also good
I'm not a big fan of Kueppers.
I had a 2 euros shell and I was desappointed
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
Hasn't this question been beaten to death in innumerable other threads??
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Got my Lassen TT today...GREAT piece!
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
"Hasn't this question been beaten to death in innumerable other threads??"

Well, maybe, but I will say that this was a politically charged issue for many years. And during those years, the media was manipulated beyond belief here at the Café. If it wasn't for that, I sincerely believe that the two names would have never ended up in the same sentence together.. anywhere. Period.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 12:21, Christopher Williams wrote:
The China Bit, is that the same thing as Chinese bit by Eddie Gibson but in Dollar size?

The gaff is the same, but I don't know about accompanying coins. Eddie Gibson's was a 3-coin CSB, and I *think* Todd's is simply a CS variant.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 18:01, Denis Bastible wrote:
Hasn't this question been beaten to death in innumerable other threads??

In a word...*yes* Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lassen/Schollcraft? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL