The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My home away from home... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Just a brief clip of my standard pitch spot in Downtown Mesa, AZ.

Sorry for the link, I don't know if you can embed on the Café... if anyone knows how, let me know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyx9qgB3wE
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
That's a pretty elaborate set up ya' got there Ekuth!
Thanks for sharing.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1781 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Wow, that's a lot of stuff totally oppisite from the direction I am taking.but it is a cool display
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Technically, what you're seeing is my (almost) full stage set. The only thing missing is the backdrop and side scrims, which pack down into a rolling suitcase/travel bag. Everything hand made by myself, with the exception of the red table and stool. The side tables and main table are Harbin folding style.

Since this was a larger event a few months ago, I drug out most of the gear. Believe it or not, it still all fits on one 2' x 3' handcart.

For busking (most times), it's limited to the small red table, stool with tip bucket, magic show sign and bag o' tricks.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Thanks for the clip, Ekuth. Do you use your stool for anything else during your Show than having the tip bucket on?
The presentation makes the magic.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
I do, actually; the tip bucket always sits there with a spread of my business cards, but I use it thoughout the act.

It's a wand holder, I place my sponge bunnies on the top, it holds small props when I'm not using them, ect.

Every time I either place something on or in the bucket, or next to it, it's sending a not-so-subliminal signal of its presence.
I do move it about during the routine, again to draw attention to it and to keep it from "wandering".

No one's been stupid enough to try to snag it yet; I feel sorry for the first idiot that tries. I've got the bottom filled with about 2 to 3 inches of solid concrete... they'll get a heck of a yank on the arm at worst, make a heck of a lot of noise at best.

I keep it either constantly to one side of me or within peripheral vision.
Nobody's sneaking my hard earned tips away without my noticing.

When things really get slack I'll move the tip bucket to the top of my main table, pop a squat and twist some balloons to lure the kiddies (an their parent's $$$) in before I start to build an edge again.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
WOW. What a cool 'stage'. It screamed "Professional Working Here" to me. Thanks for sharing that.

Clarke
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Thanks, Zombie! I appreciate the compliment greatly, as that's exactly the effect I'm trying to convey...

My "persona" if you will is a mix of old time Vaudeville showman/Victorian gentleman with a touch of Irish scalawag thrown in for the heck of it. I wanted the props to be light, functional, pack small but still look "classy" in a pseudo-Victorian stage show way.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My home away from home... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL