The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Colin McLeod: Britain got Talent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc9zLumVJtA&feature=youtu.be

@ Mods: I hope this is the rigth forum. If not, please move it to the right one.
Sorry for my English! My German is a little bit better ;-)
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
851 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Great presentation and performance.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with
descriptions & images can be seen on my website.
www.tonycurtismagic.com/archive.html
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1158 Posts

Profile of caigy
A very nice touch Colin.
Well done and good luck in the next stages.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Why is he dressed like that???
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Michael T
Maybe he is funny like a clown so wears funny clothes and then exposes his a hole.

I rate this performance 3 out of 10. Would have said 2 out of 10 but I like instant stooge.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6008 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 13:20, Michael T wrote:
Maybe he is funny like a clown so wears funny clothes and then exposes his a hole.

I rate this performance 3 out of 10. Would have said 2 out of 10 but I like instant stooge.

Agree.....
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Why? That was freakin' great! Funny, different, entertaining and a fooler for lay folk. I loved it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1324 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
AWESOME performance Colin! 10/10
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
A cheap laugh at best.

As we try to change the perception of magic/mentalism for the better along comes a bloke who pulls his trousers down to show his **** on national TV.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1311 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Bearing in mind that Cowell and co tend to have a downer on magic and mentalism generally the first thing to congratulate Colin on is getting through.

He was probably pretty nervous and the lowest common denominator approach wouldn't suit everybody but he's now into a stage where they will give him a bit more leeway. Be interesting to see what he's got in his locker.

Oh and he gets points from me for not acting like a smug know it all -- a common fault with some mentalists.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
This thread is the latest symptom of a distinct lack of humor on this site. Too many members are apparently storing their magic wands where Colin McLeod would write a prediction.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1311 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Here is a slightly more sophisticated Colin:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijYt24ayNUQ
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I thought it was a class act, I mean ass act, I mean...!!!

Seriously though I thought it was a comedic twist to a very perplexing routine. TV shows don't want boring presentations and revelations, they want so
something fresh and entertaining, which is exactly what his act was. To act like it has damaged our 'brotherhood's' image is ridiculous, laymen will have forgotten this already. Besides look at ALL of the judges faces, they loved it and let's face It, they were the ones staring into the abyss, not us!!

Colin, kudos!! I wish I had your guts, and I mean that like courage, not literallys guts, that would be weird and bloody...

Ben
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12447 Posts

Profile of John C
A bit cheeky ....

Great performance I must say.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 16:06, Nechto wrote:
Colin, kudos!! I wish I had your guts, and I mean that like courage, not literallys guts, that would be weird and bloody...

At least you didn't say you wish you had that much cheek....

[edit: ...aaaand, John beat me to the cheek joke. Smile)
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
MarvinWang
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinWang
What are you talking about, instant stooge is not even needed for this effect....
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 15:30, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
A cheap laugh at best.

As we try to change the perception of magic/mentalism for the better along comes a bloke who pulls his trousers down to show his **** on national TV.

Who's we? what role are you playing in changing the perception of magic/mentalism?

Colin, who is one of the guys from here on the Café got a great reaction on a national TV show. He did this with a 3 minute mentalism routine. I mean, how difficult must that be, to come out to a tough audience (they'll chant 'get him off')that doesn't know you and to have them cheering at the end of 3 minutes and get 4 yes votes from the judges. This should be a cause for congratulation but instead we get the usual smattering of bitterness we nearly always get on here.

Remember, this is the entertainment business and he clearly entertained a huge auditorium of thousands in just 3 minutes. Job done.

best,
Sean
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Beautiful Performance Colin, Congratulations to your Act Smile

That was Entertaining 100%
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 19:17, Sean Giles wrote:
Who's we? what role are you playing in changing the perception of magic/mentalism?

Colin, who is one of the guys from here on the Café got a great reaction on a national TV show. He did this with a 3 minute mentalism routine. I mean, how difficult must that be, to come out to a tough audience (they'll chant 'get him off')that doesn't know you and to have them cheering at the end of 3 minutes and get 4 yes votes from the judges. This should be a cause for congratulation but instead we get the usual smattering of bitterness we nearly always get on here.

Remember, this is the entertainment business and he clearly entertained a huge auditorium of thousands in just 3 minutes. Job done.

+1. It ain't highbrow, and I wouldn't have the nerve to do it...but it's three minutes of entertainment and a big laugh that no one in the audience -- or watching at home -- will ever forget. And it's a reminder to everyone who sees it that magic isn't just Uncle Frank saying "pick a card, any card."
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
944 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Cracked me up!
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Colin McLeod: Britain got Talent (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL