The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Production from silks or hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
I don't know how to do this and I'd like to learn how to produce a rabbit from the hat or silks. For the past few years I've used a Rabbit Production Box and it's fine, but I'm interrested in making it happen using a load - can anyone point me where to look?
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
From silks, you may want to look at a Rabbit Bag. I don't own one, so can't recommend any. There are some here that do own them though and they should be able to steer you to a seller.
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Wow, there is still so much about magic I've never examined! I've never heard of a rabbit bag! I guess I'll need one with suggestions on how to load the rabbit so does anyone know a seller? Thanks for your reply RJE2
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Again, I'm interrested in loading a live rabbit in a hat or silks or anything else that works!
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
With instructions
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Here is one source.

http://www.magicsax.com/store/page20/page20.html

Again, not ever owning one, I don't know where it ranks in popularity with magicians that do own and use them.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I don't think Thomas makes them anymore however Richard Hughes makes livestock bags.
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
I just looked it over and it seems pretty good, I'm like you though, need other magi to weigh in here............anyone?
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
I just saw a youtube video of Richard Hughes producing oranges in a bowl and I think that will work since I won't be using a table. Since I want to produce a rabbit - Looks like I could have a large silk hanging off the back of this bag I have all my stuff in....when the time comes I can simply grab the "hanging" silk and drap it over the hat and boom! a wabbit! That video explained a lot
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow....Thomas stopped making his Rabbit Bag? That is disappointing. I have one and it is very nice. He offered quite a few color choices and the quality was excellent. I also have an Abbott's Rabbit Bag, but Thomas' is superior to it in my opinion. I have not seen Richard's Rabbit Bag, but I am sure it will be high-quality!

Jonathan, there are also methods for producing a rabbit from a hat without using the rabbit bag like we are speaking of. Eric Sharpe published a method in some of his books. I have most of his books but I am not sure which one's cover the Rabbit From Hat. I haven't heard from Eric in years, and I am not sure if Eric's books are still available.

Regan
Mister Mystery
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
This is the video I was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmZz3Nv9MM
I put all my stuff in this tote bag http://www.amazon.com/Crop-In-Style-Roll......00P0RDY6

My tote bag sets on a small collapsible bar stool and I think I can hang the rabbit/silk/loader off the back of my tote bag. I don't now how the loader/bag works but it looks simple to hold a magic hat in one hand and the silk/loader in another - and just drop the rabbit in the hat. Hope I'm right, I hate wasting money.
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Thomas's bag produces the rabbit from a top unload method, or opening the top and unfoldingover bunny. Richard Hughes bag is the ultimate, you simply make a slight twist of the wrist, and BAMMM rabbit, chicken or significant other is in the palm of your hands. I have 2 of his bags and We fit a 6 pound Angora in it, she hops right in. You will not regret the use of Richards bag, definately High quality workmanship, with a lot of thought going into the release, very smooth and soooo simple. And a very secure load. More than worth the cost of the bag.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It may be a good idea to get a information from Tarbell and the Mark Wilson course in magic. Tarbell is also available on CD in PDF format.

I have commented previously, but the best rabbit production I have ever witnessed was Alan Shaxon of England method.

What is needed is a light weight magicians table, table cloth, top hat, rabbit and of course a simple bag. Obtaining this equipment is what puts off many people from performing this true miracle.

Effect: Table is with table cloth over the table top and a top hat setting in the center, is carried down into the audience, The magician shows the hat empty, removes the table cloth, picks up the table and spins it into the air, catching it as it descends. Sets the table down and places the top hat on the table, reaches in and removes a cute live rabbit.

This production requires practice and rehearsal to make the moves look sharp.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Shaxon's Production sounds very similar to what Ken Griffin did with a Guinea Pig. You can see my version of it on Youtube. I just use Oranges instead of the livestock but the livestock works well also. Here is the link..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmZz3Nv9MM.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Let me second (or third) what has been said above; Richard Hughes is making the best Rabbit bag available right now that I know of. Abbott's used to make an adequate bag. I don't know if they still carry one.

I've made very simple bags in the past that were generally workable however if I was going to produce a rabbit today I'd not waste my time and I'd simply buy and use Richard's bag. I'll bet Richard will even custom size the bag if you had an oversize bunny.

Here’s a blast from the past thread that has a short discussion on the rabbit bag:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=13

Discussion on the best way to produce a bunny:

and some general discussions:

There are any number of other threads discussing this.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
I spoke to Richard yesterday and it's so nice to get referrals before I spend money! When so many of you supporting Richard's bag, I'm probably not going to appreciate the trial and error that most likely went into this type of production. But I'll take it!
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Richard's bag should be in the mail tomorrow and I'm really looking forward it. My rabbit is getting too fat for his production box.
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
You will love it. Great production, Richard was very good to work with as he had to do custom work on our bags, Easy to deal with. and a great person to chat with on magic history. If you ever have any questions or concerns about your bag, Richard is always easy to get a hold of and great to work with. Once you get your bag...... if you have any questions, you are more than welcome to send me Pm,s if I can help in any way. You will not regret this purchase.
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Thank you very much Chris! Nice to know I can do that if I have trouble
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Can someone describe how to put the rabbit inside the bag? PM me if you want to

I put the rabbit inside where the back of his head is against the two air holes and he pours out great. Is that the corect position?
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Production from silks or hat (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL