The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Funniest suggestions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tehmagic1
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of tehmagic1
Need some good ideas, post your funniest suggestions! Something different than the usual "hand sticking" or "not being able to move"

One time I made someone believe that themselves and everyone around were girls (we were all guys in real life) at a slumber party and they were the most talkative one there. We played truth or dare and he talked about boys and how hot they were. (some of which were in the group watching) It was hilarious! XD

Andy
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Tell a guy he has just bought Pamela Anderson's boobs on e-bay, but when he woke up from the operation they had stitched her granny's boobs onto him by mistake. Then hand him a phone, ring a number at random, and tell him to make his complaint.

Unfortunately we miss the other side of the conversation, but it can be very funny.
hypnospook
View Profile
New user
Scotland
14 Posts

Profile of hypnospook
I once did a vampire skit with a young woman who was so much into Twilight, I told her she was a Vampire and that she was being hunted, she was in public bar and the lights were burning her skin, she needed to find a dark corner, where she was surrounded by two guys making the shape of the cross. I stressed she would not leave the building, she would not be violent etc, however it was hilarious as she was acting like a cornered cat, sptting sounds, screaches etc, and everyone was laughing then I told her on the count of 3 the person in the blue shirt at the bar was in fact R Pattison and you are madly in love and you have your own vampire love language, yehhh she was a great subject and with the popularity of the movie I thought I would give it a go.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 15:53, TonyB2009 wrote:
Tell a guy he has just bought Pamela Anderson's boobs on e-bay, but when he woke up from the operation they had stitched her granny's boobs onto him by mistake. Then hand him a phone, ring a number at random, and tell him to make his complaint.

Unfortunately we miss the other side of the conversation, but it can be very funny.

If there was a way and I am sure there is to play the full conversation of both sides over the speakers I think it could be really worthwhile. And also something a bit unique on hypnosis shows unless someone is already doing it.
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
If you're using a mobile phone you could turn it on speaker phone and then hold the phone up to the microphone.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
As far as I know I am the only one doing it. I normally have them ring someone I know - my promoter, my accountant, once my former editor, a man with a very short fuse!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
This must be a joke, right? If not stage hypnosis is in a worst state that I'd ever imagined.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
No joke, Mindpro. I do it in college gigs. They expect that. In public shows I would not use a routine like that.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Why do you say that Mindpro I think it sounds really funny. Are you not just a wee bit too uptight? Showsus a clip let us see who you are. Let us decide if your any good.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
I actually like the routine. Unfortunately it is not unique. Its something I do in college shows as well (different script, same phone bit). However, Puni is right about the tech set up. havent seen that yet, and may be impactful.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2012-04-19 17:56, mindpunisher wrote:
Why do you say that Mindpro I think it sounds really funny. Are you not just a wee bit too uptight? Showsus a clip let us see who you are. Let us decide if your any good.

I wasn't referring to Tony's post actually (although the Pamela Anderson reference is a bit dated, surely their must be a well endowed well-known personality since the 80's?, especially to be known by college students), but more to the general idea of expecting someone to post their funniest routines here just for the asking, then making reference to "other than hand sticking or not being able to move". I don't know a single performer that does or would do these routines.

Plus maybe the European humor may perceive the ides given (Twilight) as funny, but they wouldn't fly for my audiences.

No I not any good, and I do not post videos anywhere on the web, including my web sites. As a matter of fact I have a staffer that searches several times a week and if they find any video they are removed immediately, so the last thing I'd do is post them here (I couldn't if I wanted to, I'm not that tech savvy).
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I started to write that 2 times and stopped mindpro. I know exactly what you mean. Routines should be an extension of yourself. Not something you just picked up online.

I hate to say this, and wow will I get nailed but I havn't changed my show significantly for a decade. I spent a lot of time before that tweeking it but it was still the same basic framework. I change audiences, not shows.

Even the parts that are "new" they are the same routine with a different name. Certainly Pam Anderson would be long gone and about 10 different Super Models in her place.

I think the thing we should talk about more than "reality" of hypnosis or anything of that nature we get bogged down in, or even more than what routines are or are not funny, but how do you get to routines that ARE funny. Also what makes them funny? Then you have an endless parade of routines that can last a lifetime.

Here is the first hint. Do routines that are an extension of your personality. Don't look for routines that other hypnotists get big laughs with. For example I have nothing against "R" rated material. But at 45 years old I still have an Irish baby face. My personality does not allow me to do this sort of routine without looking creepy. I am 6'4" and 260lbs so it would look odd combined with my personality. It makes me uncomfortable. So I steer WELL clear of routines like that. Not because I don't find them funny but simply for those reasons.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I thought you meant Tony's Mindpro. What makes routines funny are the reactions of the individual. Any routine that taps into the deeper characters of the individual (in my opinion and experience) are the funniest. The other part is the skill of the hypnotist to pick out the best characters and nurture their trance personalities to the max.

I don't think routines are funny I think people are funny. If you have the wrong hypnotee's up or don't know how to open them up then no routine will be funny. Too many hypnotists tell the subjects exactly what to do.

Rapidly finding the right people and giving them space to develop on stage is the sign of a skilled stage hypnotist. It doesn't matter if its R rated or not.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Look at me agreeing with punisher. No kidding.

This is why I have no position on if "R" is funny or not, only on if it is suited to my personality is all. Good point.

Often new hypnosis shows amount to little more than directed sketch comedy. As MP points out telling them to much exactly what to do. (Often out of a fear of not getting anything from them.) If you stand and just tell them what to do exactly word for word you may as well forget the trance process at all and do a sketch comedy show.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Mindpro, I misunderstood your post. Now that I get it, I agree with it.
I probably would not mention Pamala Anderson in a performance, but I struggle to name celebrities, because I don't watch movies and don't listen to music. But I am sure in a performance a more modern name might pop into my head.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Doesn't matter about content I think the telephone idea is a good one and could spawn loads of routines. Especially if you could figure out a way for the audience to hear the response at the other side.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Funniest suggestions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL