The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Tray Question! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mando
View Profile
Regular user
Queens, New York
189 Posts

Profile of Mando
I am recently looking to buy a dove tray- with that being said I would like someone to help me out, I would like to do a "fake dove"(latex dove) to a real dove, would that method work with a dove tray? Or is it solely just for BALLOON TO DOVE?

Thank You,
Armando
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
The Dove in Balloon would not be the best choice for this, although a modification could make it workable. That depends on how handy you are in the workshop.

However, Abbott's used to make "Gloves to Dove", which would probably work really well for this. The tray is quite similar, but there is one fundamental difference that would allow for the use of the fake dove.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
I second Michael's Gloves to Dove for what you want to do. Just using a Balloon to Dove could hurl your latex dove straight into the faces of the front row of your audience.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Armando,

May I suggest a different solution? Michael is correct. The Gloves to Dove would work better than the Dove in Balloon. Remember that the balloon is popped, not hidden. Having used both for four decades, I don't see it as a reliable solution either. Parts of you foam rubber dove may still be caught in the trap and embarrassingly visible. (It can happen with gloves too.)

I recommend using the Chalet Doves to Rabbit instead. You will have to fasten the fake dove to the perch but when it vanishes, it will be gone from sight too!

The disadvantage of the Doves to Rabbit is that the dove is indeed free to fly away if it pleases. (Rabbits may fall off the table but they don't fly!)

Have you considered using a Devil's Hank?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22583 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You could probably do this with an invisible harness. The presentation would be all important in this method. As the switch would be accomplished during a low point.

I visualize this similar to the handling for the dove split, only you fold up the rubber dove instead of doing a split action.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
If you want to use a prop for this effect Abbott's Casket of Pandora should work.
Mister Mystery
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1744 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone ever bought or seen the Double load dove tray, http://magicfan.shop21.makeshop.jp/shop/......ray&sort

magicwalsh@gmail.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1744 Posts

Profile of wally
Who makes the best, apart from Chalet?
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Some cheap dove trays have turned up in a Sydney shop for $65.oo,made of wood.
I have not seen any other trays up close so I am not shure if these trays are worth bothering with,the add does not say which brand they are.
Sounds to good to be true at that price,I think they may be chinese rip off's.
So as Wally says above ,which trays are the best?
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Tray Question! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL