The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Dragon Altar (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Richard. Looked at my coins that came with Super Spike and Coin of Dracula and they are different than the one you displayed. Mine are all silver with a simpler design. I am sure that coin will work fine however.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have finaly find the solution about the second part of the video where the coin go inside the clear box and the ball remain on the lid.
It's on Japan Tenyo website tips section.
If I have well understand, In fact you have to use 50Yen coin wich are just the right size. And the coin is not on the lid but below the lid and with transparency you can make think that the coin and ball are in same place than the original routine. In doing so quickly no one will see the deception. Now you put the tube and just shake and make the lid move without using the gimmick to make the coin fall in the box. The ball don't move at all.

You can also use the coin of Coin of Dracula if you don't have 50Yen coin.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Can't see doing that for a second part of a trick that would require you to carefully position a coin under the lid and place ball on lid so it don't roll around because there is no coin with hole to set it on to steady it and make it look like the first part of trick while spectator is still watching. Maybe for a first part of trick you could do that have it already under the lid. There also is 2 size 50 yen coins depending on the year I guess. I have both sizes the small one is just slightly smaller than the 5 yen coin the other one is bigger than a quarter! It is so big it will not even fit in soft coins. Just thought I would mention that before someone goes out to get a 50 yen sight unseen. It will be the smaller size if it is a newer coin. Was very surprised to get this large 50 yen totally unusable for any of my tenyo tricks but is still a great coin.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Here are pictures of the 2 size 50 yen coins. Large one is made in 1964

Click here to view attached image.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
To be honest I don't understand the routine well Davy. If I understand correct you have the box, on top the coin, then the lid and then the ball? And it appears the coin is on top of the box and falls through/penetrates the lid? I don't understand the purpose.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Remember this video, all of us don't understand how he do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......FntEaF7A

I explain how, it's on tips section of japanese Tenyo website.
Mr wizard the ball can't roll without the coin because there is a special recess on the lid.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
It's clear now - thanks Smile
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Have you tried this slipping the coin under the lid with people watching?
Great trick if you can do it Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
No I don't try in real situation, but I think it's possible, but have to do not panic, to train before, and attempts to divert attention at the good time. Not easy lol More esay fo a video shot ...
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I put off getting this and keep forgetting to add it to my orders.
I will get it to see how hard it is to do the old coin under the top trick on the fly.
I fear it will fall into the box every time or just before the tube covers it.

I guess a 5 yen coin is too big to fit inside the box if they say to use a 50 yen which the new ones are slightly smaller. Anyone try a 5 yen to see if it will work at all under the lid and fall in the box?
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Not that this will actually help anybody but while going through some old coins I found a coin that seems to work fine for Dragon Altar.
It's an old NYC subway token:
http://images.nycsubway.org/tokens/buck50.jpg

So if you happen to have been in NYC before 2003 and still have one of these lying around you may want to put it to good use and try it in your Dragon Altar.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Ya that would work fine and looks kinda cool too.
5 yen coins are cheap and readily available.
50 yen is much more expensive but just as easy to obtain.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Ya that would work fine and looks kinda cool too.
5 yen coins are cheap and readily available.
50 yen is much more expensive but just as easy to obtain.
TomTom59
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of TomTom59
Just seen it for sale at SEO Magic, Expensive but tempted, but It does seem to be fairly noisy in operation.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
One of my favorites! In this case the noise makes sense as the ball is penetrating and lands inside the box.
FightOnRon
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of FightOnRon
I do not know if anyone will see this but I need help. I bought this off of an auction site,, no instructions. Since I have Crystal Cleaver I thought perhaps I could figure this out because it may use the same method. Obviously it does not. I've read all the hints about tilts and coins to use other than the supplied coin and before I received the trick I bought what I believe is a 5 yen coin ebay. But I can't figure this out unless it is just a matter of tilting just at the correct time. Anyone care to share instructions? I can photo what I have and send it to prove I own this thing,, I can put it next to my Crystal cleaver to show. Or a newspaper. Or the receipt.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
They did a good job designing this and indeed made it completely examinable. Once you know how to set it, it still takes some practice to be able to do it perfectly each time. I don't have the instructions scanned. Maybe someone here already has the instructions scanned and ready to send? Let us know when you get the instructions (or if a few days go by and still need them).
FightOnRon
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of FightOnRon
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, meridianfan wrote:
They did a good job designing this and indeed made it completely examinable. Once you know how to set it, it still takes some practice to be able to do it perfectly each time. I don't have the instructions scanned. Maybe someone here already has the instructions scanned and ready to send? Let us know when you get the instructions (or if a few days go by and still need them).
Thanks. I have watched youtube videos and I think I have a slight idea of what you're talking about. Also, I have emailed Tenyo japan too. But I think I know where I need to look closer. Will let you know. Thank you.
FightOnRon
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of FightOnRon
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, FightOnRon wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, meridianfan wrote:
Thanks. I have watched youtube videos and I think I have a slight idea of what you're talking about. Also, I have emailed Tenyo japan too. But I think I know where I need to look closer. Will let you know. Thank you.
Hey,,,GOT IT. Going by the videos and your hint of being set, I figured it out. Thank you,, I do not need instructions now. You did it.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Great news! It is quite clever. Once you have practiced it sufficiently, it is possible to do it perfectly each time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Dragon Altar (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL