We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Inside News (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
ChasVH
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
On MW, the Quality of the Prop is always top notch however the method as Roberto says can sometimes (rarely) let you down. More often than not though I am more than pleased with what MW puts out. They cannot all be 10's, but for a company they put out more 9 and 10's consistently than any other builder I know with only the occasional 6,7's thrown in. My opinion any way.

Charlie
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2438 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
To answer a question I received...
If you want to have an overview of the Magic Wagon previously released items, I found an easy way to do it...
Click on any item on their website. Let say : Majestic Hydro Die. The address will show up in your browser.
http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=112
Let's refer at Hydro Die as MW-112 (OK, that's my Tenyo habit...)
Just change the last digits directly in your browser to access to other items (111, 113, etc.).
The items made solely for other retailers (for Tony as an example) will not show up in their website (ex.: Mental Case, Mighty mini Chamelon, etc.).
That's it! Not as "friendly user" as Stereo's blog, but nonetheless...
Simon
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I think this is probably the most beautiful collection it is possible to build for a magician who like clever props. All items look interesting.
Unfortunately this is really something reserved to people who have financial means. I have no Magic Wagon, and I would never have, but this is typically the kind of thing that could please me. I am surprised that nobody ever did a website like I did for Tenyo (may be that it exists?). It would be an exciting adventure of collecting and expose all these treasures in internet.
I will play the lottery, you never know!
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2013-02-01 14:01, simcoscor wrote:
Roberto, I agree 100% that with some items you can be disapointed with the method. That's the same for me, but in particular with some previous releases, before 2009 I would say... In the case of "MW-91 The Scarab", I was a bit disapointed on the moment, but I worked out an handling / presentation that is more easy and deceiving that the basic one suggested. In two words, I use a pendulum. I hold it with my left hand directly above a 4 colors card (Tenyo again!), while I nonchalantly hold the end of the chain with my right hand directly above the Black Scarab containing the spectator choice (thus giving me the "reading"). Oh, and I glued a small color chart on my gimmick...
Hope it helps... Smile

Good idea Simon!!
I also was thinking to attach the round part of the Scarab gimmick to one of the Turttle Trio scope extremes...it's covered by the black part of the tube...then you detach it and hand the scope to the spectator...

By the way the Majestic Die Penetration is in the group of the favourites Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5542 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I agree with the Magic Wagon commentary. Their quality is always top-notch, but I think they sometimes do need some outside guidance regarding method. But remember, they are still a relatively new magic company - I believe their roots are in the jewelry box business - so maybe they'll iron these inconsistencies out as they mature...or not. Like Tenyo, they may always have some duds...but when they hit a home run, you can be sure it will be out of the park.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2438 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-02-01 18:18, stereo wrote:
I think this is probably the most beautiful collection it is possible to build for a magician who like clever props. All items look interesting.
Unfortunately this is really something reserved to people who have financial means. I have no Magic Wagon, and I would never have, but this is typically the kind of thing that could please me. I am surprised that nobody ever did a website like I did for Tenyo (may be that it exists?). It would be an exciting adventure of collecting and expose all these treasures in internet.

Yes, magic can be an expensive hobby... Having a good day job helps (I should say: is necessary) of course, but it's also a matter of choice and time (I mean years, many years...). When I began collecting Tenyos in 1978, I was 18 years old : I remember that each winter, it was a difficult decision for me: do I spend 20$ on this, or on that... I was paid only $50 to do birthday shows on saturdays... ok, I didn’t have livestock... then I got married...kidding...

It became a bit easier for me at 30-35 (I quit performing at birthdays so it helped me a bit!)... I remember buying my first Warner's items. I was 32 years old. Each year, at my birthday, I was buying 3 or 4 items from Mr. Warner (that was before Internet!). I remember that time so well, his address sounded like a fairy tale...
Now that I'm older (OK, now that I'm old), I almost have the entire Warner collection ... But even now, I resist to buy some of the missing items in my collection, if I think the price is to high. You doubt? Here’s an example....
Even today, it is still a matter of choice. As an example, I'm not willing to pay $250 for an Ultra tube, even if it's also a missing piece in my Tenyo collection... but I admit it is difficult to resist to some Magic Wagon, Promystic or Richard Gerlitz' latest...
Thanks to life, I am still healthy and I have a good job. But the day I will loose one or quit the other, I know that I will be able to maintain about the same income for a few years, by selling half of my magic. But better later than sooner.

Stereo, my first advice would be: take your time. Know what? I think a complete collection gets boring...
My second would be: never spend on lottery...

OK, now you owe me $250 for my advices... kidding (sorry, you cannot understand, French canadian humor... Smile )

Guys, sorry for my approximative English : I just wanted to make sure to be clearly understood by Davy... Smile

Simon
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2438 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-02-01 18:45, magic patagonia wrote:
Good idea Simon!!
I also was thinking to attach the round part of the Scarab gimmick to one of the Turttle Trio scope extremes...it's covered by the black part of the tube...then you detach it and hand the scope to the spectator...

By the way the Majestic Die Penetration is in the group of the favourites Smile

Roberto, after what I've seen from you with the Lancelot effect (among others), I can only say: Go ahead and trust your instinct my friend! Smile

But this handling would be too hazardous for me Smile I would rather perform my Trio turtle first, and follow with The Scarab...

Yes, both are somewhat similar. But thank God, Christopher Colombus used the Scarad principle instead of the Trio Turtle principle, otherwise I would speak Chinese... and you German...

BTW, thanks for your comment. Majestic Die Penetration is also one of my favorites, among my MW's top 5 or 6 I would say, but not because my name is associate with it (believe me or not!). I like the "gorgeous look" of the apparatus, the twist on a classic effect that was already amongst my favorites, the combination with Hydro Die, and the potential combination with another "redone" classic that I have submitted to Magic Wagon last year... We'll see if they go ahead with it...

I am a bit selfish, but a Majestic trilogy would look great in my collection Smile

Simon
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2438 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-02-01 21:36, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I agree with the Magic Wagon commentary. Their quality is always top-notch, but I think they sometimes do need some outside guidance regarding method. But remember, they are still a relatively new magic company - I believe their roots are in the jewelry box business - so maybe they'll iron these inconsistencies out as they mature...or not. Like Tenyo, they may always have some duds...but when they hit a home run, you can be sure it will be out of the park.

Agreed. As always Wizard of Oz.
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Quote:
On 2013-02-01 18:18, stereo wrote:

Davy,

Try these sites for photos and reviews of high quality magic (treasure trove):

http://www.qualitymagicreviews.com

http://www.martinsmagic.com/?nd=collection

http://www.thebestmagic.com

When I started doing magic I was 12 years old. Could never afford much more than royal magic at that age. I had a few Tenyo items, but these were very expensive for me at the time and cherished.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2438 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The Four Seasons Obelisk is now available: http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=120
ChasVH
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Already ordered Simon.. When that email hits from MW I buy immediately after reading about the trick. Unless it totally turns me off (which is very rare for a MW item) I buy it as I know more often than not they will be good effects and generally hold their value. Really a no brainer as long as you have the $$ to pull the trigger.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you for all your advices :o)
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
They mention a bag in the description....this bag is not shown in the photos...why?...it's not included??......mmmm ....I'm pretty sure that it is included with the trick because they mention a very especific bag.....this caught my attention.

The method looks very interesting.......I have no idea how it works....but I keep thinking about the bag that is not showed in any of the photos.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2438 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
First, I thought it might be the same method as The SCARAB, but then I read: "To assure there is no way the performer can possibly peek or try to sneak the box open, he shows BOTH of his hands completely empty..." Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5542 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I love the art on this. Very unique and unexpected for a magic prop. The price is decent too.
I jumped on this quickly.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Sounds like a miracle... I am sure it will wow them at the Y Smile Seriously it is an attractive piece. Can think of a possible couple of methods.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
It is still not sold out at 7:45PM here so that tells me it is not something many are finding exciting. The last released was sold out before I read the email and got the page opened at 10:30 AM. I almost clicked order but where is that bag they speak of and why does it need one? hummmm

I figured it would be sold out by now but there it still is. Smile

How many of you ordered this item beside Wizard Of Oz?
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2438 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Unfortunatly the name of each season is engraved on the sides of the Obelisk. In English of course... Doesn't look quite "natural" IMO, especially for non-anglophone audiences...

But I ordered it without hesitation.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
They may have made more of these.

I bought it too, my second Magic Wagon the first being Simon's which I was very happy with. I don't plan on getting every one but this one looked nice to me.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Hummm they must have made more still there 8:42PM
My cursor is on the order button..........
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Inside News (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL