The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Inside News (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Is the bag gimmicked? I was thinking the gimmick was in the obelisk and box, and the bag simply provides some cover to handle the box.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I'm thinking along the lines of Oz on this.... or maybe the method with the fine metal filings that Kaufman referenced in that rare Tenyo item he found awhile back....
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Magic Wagon kindly sent me the instructions for Four Seasons Obelisk today and I can tell you that the method does not require a TT or metal filings. I can also state that the drawstring bag mentioned is an integral part of the presentation but obviously I am not able to reveal why without giving the secret away. I hope this information is of some help to anyone wishing to purchase this effect.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
OK, seems that I was wrong about the use of a TT...

It is out of stock now...
http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=120
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
"Out of stock"

Wow, I ordered mine this morning.
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Thanks Tony.... now I am intrigued and cant wait to get it. Got the shipping notice yesterday. They are a very efficient bunch. They do a good job with everything it seems...even shipping. It's hard to say anything negative about these guys... But I will throw one in there as no one is perfect... apparently one cannot look at the MW website on an Apple I-Pad as I think the MW Website has a "Flash" start-up to its website and thus you can't see everything on it...at least I cant. I wish they would change this (or better yet have Apple stuff be Flash enabled).

Charlie
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
I had a "FLASH" banner on my website and took it off for the same reason.

Tony Curtis

Click Here
lemagico
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of lemagico
Oh, I'm sorry! I thought that I was on the Tenyo of Japan - INSIDE NEWS forum.

I love Magic Wagon Stuff, too, but I was expecting 8 pages of Tenyo INSIDE NEW and instead I get 8 pages of MAGIC WAGON.

Is there a MAGIC WAGON forum at the Café? Must be, although I have not looked yet. It has been a while since I visited this place.

Does anyone have any TENYO inside news?

Peace (Yes as in the 60s and 70s - GREAT YEARS for TENYO),

David
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Just got mine. It is cold from being in the UPS Truck.

I like it a lot. I am very happy with the design, quality and method. My drawstring bag is tan with gold string.

I am sure you guys will be getting yours soon.

An observation about my Magic Works items (only 2) is that they should have provided matching boxes to store these in. A cardboard box with a nice sticker showing a picture, the name of the trick and the number would have been good. Something like Eye of the Idol.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Great news John.

About MW's boxes, they used to send their items in very nice Burgundy Boxes, made of hard cardboard... but no pictures on the boxes though. I don't know why, but they are not doing this systematically anymore...
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Somebody know if MW is planning to reissue some of their previous releases????.....I would love to put my hands on their Blue Phantom version...
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 14:39, magic patagonia wrote:
Somebody know if MW is planning to reissue some of their previous releases????.....I would love to put my hands on their Blue Phantom version...

I contacted MW directly in 2012 to ask the same and also informed them that I would commit to a large purchase of the specific releases. Even though they would have a guaranteed quantity of new sales, they expressed to me that they have no plans to make additional runs of the previous releases. Since I was late to the MW party, I was quite bummed out with that reply. I like many others, just buy their new releases immediately so I don't miss out anymore. It's a shame that so few of their releases are made.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 17:13, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
(...) Since I was late to the MW party...

I am a bit selfish, but as a collector, I prefer to buy items that have been produced in limited or very limited quantities. This alone justifies a higher price tag, to me.
Richard Gerlitz generally produces between 6 and 12 of each new release. Alan Warner (limited editions): between 12 and 25.

Tenyo Elite: ????? How many do you think? But at the same time, how much worth the 100 $ per trick that you spent on that 3 or 4 years ago?

I believe that making 50 or 60, just like Magic Wagon does, offers the best of 2 worlds... More than that, it wouldn't be such an "investment", and I wouldn't feel like being part of a "private party" anymore... Smile
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Out of Stock.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 13:36, simcoscor wrote:
Great news John.

About MW's boxes, they used to send their items in very nice Burgundy Boxes, made of hard cardboard... but no pictures on the boxes though. I don't know why, but they are not doing this systematically anymore...

The jewelry box factory that made all the original Magic Wagon items was severely damaged by the floods that hit Bangkok and never reopened again. They were also the people that made the burgundy color cardboard boxes that came with each item.

Tony Curtis

Click Here
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The last item that came in those burgundy boxes was MW-116 Mental Boxes released last summer... Maybe they already had those in stock, as the floods hit Bangkok in December 2011...right Tony?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5157 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I received mine today, and I'm completely satisfied. Quality is excellent, workings are excellent (slightly...and I do mean slightly...nacky. Takes a bit of a feel...but not much), and the delivery in speed and packaging was amazing. I don't get items one state over in this condition this fast.

So, how do we get this post back on track per lemagico, talking about Tenyo? Anyone have some inside Tenyo news to share?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 20:53, simcoscor wrote:
The last item that came in those burgundy boxes was MW-116 Mental Boxes released last summer... Maybe they already had those in stock, as the floods hit Bangkok in December 2011...right Tony?

Next time I meet up with Magic Wagon I will ask if the burgundy packaging will return with any new releases they make.

Tony Curtis

Click Here
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 18:34, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 17:13, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
(...) Since I was late to the MW party...

I am a bit selfish, but as a collector, I prefer to buy items that have been produced in limited or very limited quantities. This alone justifies a higher price tag, to me.
Richard Gerlitz generally produces between 6 and 12 of each new release. Alan Warner (limited editions): between 12 and 25.

Tenyo Elite: ????? How many do you think? But at the same time, how much worth the 100 $ per trick that you spent on that 3 or 4 years ago?

I believe that making 50 or 60, just like Magic Wagon does, offers the best of 2 worlds... More than that, it wouldn't be such an "investment", and I wouldn't feel like being part of a "private party" anymore... Smile

Sure, I understand collecting magic as an investment. I like Magic Wagon items because of the quality of the workmanship, the design and operation of them. I am still searching for the following Magic Wagon items: Ultimate Zig Zag, Trislicer, and Mummy Mystery,

It would have been great if more of these were produced because I would really like to have one of those. Unfortunately, with single production runs of small numbers, and being "late to the party" I will have a very tough time finding these. In a perfect world, they would continue to make these items in very small production runs (so to avoid sitting on a bunch of these, but still available to people who have just recently learned of these effects). What about the people who 5 years from now come across the description of Majestic Die Penetration- a trick that is brilliant and one of my favorites, I should add, and want to buy one, but cannot find it anywhere? That is unfortunately one of the consequences of magical investments.

I would absolutely love to have a Richard Gerlitz piece, but with only 12 in the world, it becomes very difficult to get one. I have heard that his pieces tend to go for $2-5K when sold in auction.

The problem with Tenyo Elite is that they simply made too many and picked tricks that people really didn't want. Just my 2 cents...
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I agree with you Meridianfan...
Magic Wagon should re-do small runs of their previous releases...
But only for:
MW-88 Number Divination
MW-63 Mini Cube-A-Libre
MW-Special Mighty mini Chameleon
If you have one available, PM me! Smile

No kidding, I understand your point perfectly...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Inside News (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL