The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A little jewelry box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I believe this came from the basement of the deceased, but not forgotten William Hobbs. It appears tear stained and in need of some repair; the drawer is a bit stuck. There was a book, some coins and a deck of Tarot cards with it.
But now, you'll have to excuse me, I'm having a sneezing fit and can't seem to stop. No tellin how long that box was down there. . . .Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Very nice Jorey. Did the camera flash make your Lillians diary look less aged and dark? Mine sure isn't that brightly coloured lol.

Have you performed with it yet?

I feel that LJ box (unlike the hobbs box) draws attention. It is small, delicate and very beautiful. I hope skeptics don't suspect it of being gaffed.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Pictures ok Jorey, its what you wrote that I need a translator for, huh? Smile (Jorey can take it)

The Jewel box is probably the most deceptive design of any outlaw product, Karl did a great job with it. If you saw it in person, it's pretty amazing that this tiny box does what it does.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-04-18 21:51, Mind illusionist wrote:

Just got it three hours ago. Still playin with it!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-04-18 21:55, Roth wrote:
Pictures ok Jorey, its what you wrote that I need a translator for, huh? Smile (Jorey can take it)

An idea for a performance. . .but, not the sneezing fit part. That's just 'cause the box was dusty! Smile

Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-18 21:57, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:

Okay lol, would really like to hear about the reactions you get from using it!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Okay lol, would really like to hear about the reactions you get from using it!

I do what I can. . . .Smile

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Is the little ring box in the top?
Have you a little girl's ring, found for her yet?
Looks nice! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Yes, the little ring box is indeed inside the top. Along with the little sliver of wood in the bottle.
Lillian is truly unhappy when anything besides her's goes into the box. . . . .

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2012-04-18 21:51, Mind illusionist wrote:

It is small, delicate and very beautiful.

MI,remember,this belonged to a young girl! Smile

Mine went to hell and back! lol

Compliments of the 'Dark Lord' and Tim and Karl! Smile

The other thread on LJB,will tell you what Rick,can do with her...

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Thanks Gary haha, yeh I saw the other option for a more hellish little box lol.

Im just trying to resist and make excuses not to buy LJB really lol!

I have hobbs which is enough for my needs now. but in future, I will definetely look to saving up for LJB. Unless... someone can twist my arm now and tell me why I need LJB now haha
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Got nothing but love for the Roth, Tim, Karl, Professor, and Vic,

Received my LJB yesterday, and I have test fired is several times already. This is one bad little devil. You get huge air when she's opened and a nice loud bang everytime the ring box launches up when she's closed. Outlaw's Team has done a beautiful job with this piece. It is very deceptive and appears just what it is: an old simple wood jewelry box. Its not fancy, but it would definetly be something a young girl would have in the 1930's. The finish and design really sells it. I feel this creation will be the strongest to fly under the radar. Again, its a small piece, that you can display anywhere. The appearance is very unassuming, but it delivers a big punch when called upon. Now to anyone who has already received theirs..I've had memorial cards printed up that corresponds with the diary. I plan on keeping one in the JB and other keepsakes, along with a vintage photo of our beloved Lillian. These should compliment the box and anyone that's being nosy will certainly be thrown off. Also, it would be a nice lead into performing LD. That's my idea anyway. So if your on the order list, PM me and I will gladly mail you one if you'd like. Once received, let them fade in the sun a little bit and that's all they will need.

CHRIS
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 17:57, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Got nothing but love for the Roth, Tim, Karl, Professor, and Vic,

Don't forget to add Cody,to the mix!

Received my LJB yesterday, and I have test fired is several times already. This is one bad little devil. You get huge air when she's opened and a nice loud bang everytime the ring box launches up when she's closed. Outlaw's Team has done a beautiful job with this piece. It is very deceptive and appears just what it is: an old simple wood jewelry box. Its not fancy, but it would definetly be something a young girl would have in the 1930's.

Mine has the little bit,of the from Hell and back!

The finish and design really sells it. I feel this creation will be the strongest to fly under the radar. Again, its a small piece, that you can display anywhere. The appearance is very unassuming, but it delivers a big punch when called upon.

Very much agreed!

Now to anyone who has already received theirs..I've had memorial cards printed up that corresponds with the diary. I plan on keeping one in the JB and other keepsakes, along with a vintage photo of our beloved Lillian. These should compliment the box and anyone that's being nosy will certainly be thrown off. Also, it would be a nice lead into performing LD. That's my idea anyway. So if your on the order list, PM me and I will gladly mail you one if you'd like. Once received, let them fade in the sun a little bit and that's all they will need.

CHRIS

Very nice write up, Chris! And,I did not hesitate to take you up on your offer,Thanks!

This is a great little item,and I have been playing with mine all day! Smile

Keep'um coming,Outlaw !

Gary
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Man!! 3 people with LJB shipped and I am still waiting for my Forever that I ordered last september.I think I will go to my room and cry now! ;-) D'oh!! Hopefully I will have tracking info soon. I have to figure out how you guys managed to jump the queue. Smile
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Roth, Jorey & Gary

Your cards have been mailed out.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thank you, Chris! Smile

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks,Chris! Smile
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Just ordered a vintage guts only music box "Brahm Lullaby". Lillian hated that song. Playing the music makes our little girl mad, she never wanted eternal sleep. It should add to my presentation.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
I got mine a few days ago,
I friend of mine mentioned he would have run out of the house upon receiving it for batteries, I spent time with this young ladies trinket holder
and I can say how many items in all of our props that we know exactly what it is supposed to do, and when it does that it still makes you jump, well my friends if you said none, leave this page now and stop off at outlaw effects and place your order, I got into Magic through being a SPFX artist at a local haunted attraction, and this item is one of the closest, I have seen to making a manifestation possible, it is *** spooky and powerful in (performance and the Modus Operandi)
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

There's quite an assortment on big auction for little antique bisque dolls. Usually 3 - 4inches. They will fit inside and make for a nice backstory reference.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A little jewelry box (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL