The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The hooked coin utility ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trear
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of trear
Isn't the hooked coin underestimate ? I was juste thinking 'bout new coin gimmicks to buy, and a hooked coin... Well, doesn't seem as killer as a shell or a flipper coin, but isn't there some magicians working about this gimmick ? I don't own it, but I think there's some effects we can do with that, isn't it ?

Thanks, and sorry if I have a bad english !
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I believe Mr. Neighbors used it quite a bit in the past and now uses m*****s.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
John Blake had a routine with a hook coin published in the "red" volume of Apocalypse. It's a pretty cool little effect.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-04-19 16:02, Vlad_77 wrote:
John Blake had a routine with a hook coin published in the "red" volume of Apocalypse. It's a pretty cool little effect.

Ahimsa,
Vlad

Thanks Vlad,

I bought these volumes on your recommendation and I have barely scratched the surface in 6 months. There are a lot of gems in them thar books.

(p.s. I'm glad you are still using "Ahimsa")

Regards,

Alan
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have many effects using the Hooked Coin, but now use a Sh**med Coin and Mags places stategically about my body.

The principle of Ditch and Retrieval allows for many unique effects and is truly undervalued.

Sadly, the instructions that come with the Coin seem to limit its use rather than open new possibilties.

wrte me at gusarimagic@comcast.net if you run out of ideas.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
There is a book called " Here's HOO on coins" By Bill Spooner! That's all on hooked coin Stuff! It's just a small soft bound half sized Booklet! But as been said I now use A steal core Half, And a magnetic Hold out! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
brian314
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
112 Posts

Profile of brian314
The hoo coin is great and I have used it for years. I also use steel core halfs and a magnetic leather money clip as a hold out, works great.

Brian
Akal Singh
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Akal Singh
I've also wished to see more hooked coin stuff. Gregory Wilson does a great routine with a hooked key!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

I have a One coin routine using a Hooked Coin! It called Hooked on one Coin! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
HM Whipps
View Profile
New user
TN via FL via Ohio
11 Posts

Profile of HM Whipps
I've been using one for over 50 years. Magnetics will not work for some of my hook ups. A spectators back and the back of my hand are two that I use. No, it does not hurt.
Ther are 10 type of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't,
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Well Too much! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
So far mags haven't hurt...
TH

Occupy Your Dream
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea just don't get stuck to a car! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2012-04-19 20:16, David Neighbors wrote:
There is a book called " Here's HOO on coins" By Bill Spooner! That's all on hooked coin Stuff! It's just a small soft bound half sized Booklet! But as been said I now use A steal core Half, And a magnetic Hold out! Smile

That brought back memories! I bought that book and a hooked coin years ago as a kid. The first time I tried to practice with it I accidently stuck it in the back of my leg.
It went in a drawer and I never saw it again Smile

Jim
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hi Jim
Yea you have to suffer for your ART!! Smile And I used to use a 2 coin Gimmick Hooked coin !

So yea The Magnetic Holdouts are a lot less painful! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Speaking of hooked coins, I have a set of coins that I bought a long time ago that didn't come with instructions and I was wondering whether anyone could identify what routine uses them. There are two hooked half dollar sized chinese coins, one dollar sized hooked chinese coin, and one coin that has a chinese coin on one side and a kennedy half on the other. I've been rattling my mind as to what to do with these coins, but so far have not found any useful routines with this set.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Sounds like Hoo version of C/S/B. Are you going to sell them or hold on to them? (You can PM me). I can already think of several ways of using them. Search C/S/B here for some ideas. Also, David Neighbors has probably thought of 75 routines to do with your set while reading this sentence!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
If you would lend them to me I'll create several effects for you.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
LOL! No, no, no! Lend them to ME!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

I'll Take Them! You never know I mite get hooked on them! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The hooked coin utility ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL