The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Histed Heisted with Tamariz stack (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3854 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Peter Tappan's creation is great, but it is a special deck, not memorized and with repeating banks/duplicates. Truly a different story. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Jan

I was referring to the book in general. Is the Tappan version you are referring to "My Favorite Presentation" on page #52 of the expanded Willmarth book?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3854 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, it is. BTW, this book is that good that I have it twice in my library: the original and the extended version edited by Phil Willmarth Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1568 Posts

Profile of Claudio
I have ordered the The Impostress Princess" Expanded book Peter Tappan book and am looking forward to reading it.

I have my own version of the effect which I believe hides the matrix principle well: it uses 5 spectators and much more than half the pack and is very practical.

However, from a cerebral point of view, I find the Histed-Heisted versions more interesting and satisfying when the spectator receives 10 cards each. The fact that one must “fish” every time is a problem for me, though. I thought I’d shared a few ideas – untested, but they might be worth something.

Each of 5 spectators receives 10 cards

1. Ask the spectators to remember one the cards of their respective packet. Then they are to hand the packet over to the person immediately on their left and these 5 spectators are to remember a card themselves. The cards are then gathered and shuffled.

The number of people (10) involved has doubled without making it any more difficult to remember which group they belong to.

The fishing might be reduced. For every batch of 10 which is called out, there’s a chance that both spectators belonging to the same group raise their hands. They may have selected the same card, or a different card from the same 10. You’ll be able to fish while getting “hits” every time as you’ll be addressing both at the same time, with the justification that they both selected a card from the same group. This method is well described by Simon Aronson in one of his effects, Simon-Eyes I think.

I have not done the precise maths yet, but from the top of my head: for each pair this situation has 1 chance in 5 to happen and over the whole effect the chance to happen once is 2/3. Not bad. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

However, if you have to fish 10 times, it could be a long and lonely day, so that brings me to idea 2.

2. Ask the 5 spectators to think of a black card from their packet of 10 and hand their packet over to their neighbours who are to think of a red card. The justification here is to prevent the spectators within a pair will think of the same card.

The amount of fishing will be tremendously reduced as often you’ll be able to name the card at once.

Well, that’s it so far. These 2 ideas might be dodos, or they might fly, who knows?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3854 Posts

Profile of JanForster
The second idea is really good - if the stack is offering that by itself, or you have to modify it. I believe it is worth the effort to investigate and possibly adjust the stack a bit! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Histed Heisted with Tamariz stack (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL