The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What tricks do you do when you are busking? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-04-22 15:27, Ekuth wrote:
I use dancing cane as my edge builder.

I bet it looks fantastic. Clever use of that timeless effect. Thanks for sharing!
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
You should have watched the online lecture from Gazzo on street performing. It was geared to those wanting to hit the streets for the first time. Lots of great advice there. Check out Penguin's website. I think it's still available as a download.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Busking in the rain today, cold, wet, not my biggest hats (to say the least) but my sponge balls, and ring and rope/rope bit still held.

Why busk in the rain? It was the New Hope ren fair, and I told them I would be there. no fire or juggling as the weather was bad, but I got more people taking photos, and a (possible) gig.
but I used the sponge balls to bring them in.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I like coins across on a table. It's forces people to get close. Anything that can be seen from 15 feet away will keep people 15 feet away. The idea is to build an edge, not a loose mob. When I tried to draw with Miser's Dream, people just stopped and watched from a distance...no reason to get closer to the crazy guy plucking coins outta thin air if they could see it from a safer distance.

The only exception I have (through personal experience) is when I stood on top of something tall and juggled knifes as a draw. It stopped all kinds of people at all kinds of distances, but telling them all that the next bit was close up and waaaaay more interesting helped get many of them in tight. I'm sure I lost plenty of possible specs though.

Anyway, that draw wasn't appropriate for the size pitch I was working, so I eventually scrapped it. It could (and sometimes did)stop the entire outdoor area. Bad juju when you're tickin' off the vendors that pay rent to occupy surrounding areas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What tricks do you do when you are busking? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL