The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » A Question re: Terry Stokes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Do any of you hypnotists know if Terry Stokes was ever into magic? If he was, do you know if he spent any time as a young man in Phoenix, Arizona?

I ask because yesterday I was going through a footlocker of stuff from my younger (35+ years ago) days, including old promotional materials and a receipt book that has copies of the receipts I issued for my performance fees. In that receipt book was the carbon copy of the receipt I gave a "Terry Stokes" in '77/'78 for his cash purchase of my original Ralph Adams sword basket, which I sold prior to moving to San Francisco. I can't recall what that Terry Stokes looked like, but I'm wondering if he and Terry Stokes the hypnotist are one and the same.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9422 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Also consider there is a Terry Stokes and a Terry Stokes Jr.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19626 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I bet he is easy enough to contact to find out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Thanks, Danny. I found both Terry Stokes and Terry Stokes, Jr. on Facebook. I sent "Junior" a FB message--if you're interested I'll let you know what I learn.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Yep, it was Terry Stokes (senior) who purchased my Ralph Adams sword basket 35 years ago. Discovering that has been a fun "blast from the past."
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I just had dinner in Tulsa with Terry last week!
Terry is out doing grad nights this season...
And yes, he is from Phoenix
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
A very small world.
AlanSands
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of AlanSands
Looks like you all got all your answers already - Yes, Terry Sr did magic at one time, I met him doing fairs in 1986 - he still had his act in a briefcase in the trunk of his car, but I never saw him do it. He was already into full-swing hypnosis at that point. If you need to contact him, I am the person who sent him to Tulsa to do Memorial HS's grad night and a few other grad nights around the nation. He's a good man ... no matter what his six ex-wives say about him Smile
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Alan, it was oly 5 x-wives... #2 and #4 were the same lady.....
And thanx for sending him to Tulsa, it was a pleasure seeing him again!
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » A Question re: Terry Stokes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL