The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lean Back (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Magc
Hi, I am looking for the invisible chair illusion and I found in a Chine factory a product The Lean 2 back and forward. I have two questions: is this product an Asia copy? is there somewhere else where I can found it. Is it really good quality to can stay couple of hours sited in the air. ? any advantages Vs building an structure just for it?
Thanks a lot!

Click here to view attached image.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
No - you can't sit in the "chair" for a couple of hours. This is a very uncomfortable contraption that must be worn under your clothes. It's uncomfortable to even walk with this illusion. It's good for stage presentations or video presentations where you don't have to be "on" all the time. If you can get the instructions, build one yourself to see if it's really something you want to perform on a regular basis.

Jim
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1219 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Most magic props made in china are cheap knock offs. I would avoid this.
Magc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Magc
Thanks guys! Do you know where could I get the instructions to build my self then? Thanks in advance again!
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
This is an original Danny Cole idea...
The best is to contact him!
http://dannycole.net/
Magc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Magc
Ih thanks. But looking int he magic Café I saw now another post telling that Danny is not more interesting in selling it.... ? :S
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
If Danny is not interested to sell it then we should respect his wish!!!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Correct. It is his and he wishes to keep it. The rip-off guys should be shut down.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2216 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I was given a version from Indonesia by a friend. The hook up is entirely different from that of Cole's but I will admit it's the same effect. And I see many magicians around the globe have it. The base is quite heavy but I was able to modify and reduce a third of it. Unfortunately, it can't handle my weight, LOL.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
This is not anyone's exclusive. Watch the many Chinese female musicians at the Olympic ceremony. Those were all WELL MADE CHINESE versions and performed in an elegant manner. I have seen no magicians do it any better. If you want to do it, make it and go for it. Just do it as well as those young women did.
MR
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
Magc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Magc
I can respect if someones invent something and sale it, to try to buy always that is possible to buy the original, cause is a work to develop own products, and I am a developer. But guys, come one, to get suspended on air is not an invention from Mr Danny. if he has developed a way of doing it and now he does´t´want to sale it, well sorry for him but he is not the owner of the idea of being suspended on air. There are thousands of ways of doing it, and still it could be much better donne with microhidraulics and etc... but what is that about if he does´t want it be donne, nobody should do it? where is the freedom in that where is the art?... Can you imagine the same case in other arts?: So I develop a new kind of pencil ( that other could build too) and then I decide to anybody uses that tecnic, then nobody can paint squares with it anymore....? come on!. Once is to buy copies, other is that the developer does´t want to sale it, but there are others developers..and still my first post: I am looking for a invisible chair I didn´t say I am looking for the Danny´s method or so... or as well is he the owner of an invisible chair illusion...?
With all my respects, have a nice day to all! Smile
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Danny Cole routine is about an invisible chair...Smile
So unless you come up with a unique/different system and presentation it is Danny's intellectual property and should not be used without his permission!
Magc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Magc
Yes, my idea is unique and I am looking for a different system presentation. Thanks. I don´çt like to copy and I don´t need to copy, who ever be Mr. Danny or Mr.Copperfield. Ok. I already found my resource in my own city, so thanks to all for the cooperation. Now I am looking how to learn a bit of Mega magic, if anyone else can help, know about tutorials to buy, or dvd or ideas. Thank you very much.
Magc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Magc
Anyway I have a question too, did Danny asked to Keanu Reeves about it? mmmm.... is a JOKE!!!
jacoblucas
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of jacoblucas
http://www.kapmagic.com check here THE LEAN 3.0 – Matrix Levitation Improved - KAP MAGIC SHOP http://www.kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=264
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
148 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
This illusion was invented, created and built entirely by Danny Cole and is his property - period. He did give permission to one or two people (ie: Cyril Takayama)but the rest are knock-offs, rip-offs and stolen property.

This includes the Chinese Musicians and the girls on the float in Rio. Just because someone does it on television or at the Oympics doesn't mean they have permission or the right to do it. This is a proprietary illusion and is not for sale.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Well said Murray ;-)
Also it is not an easy illusion and people could get hurt with some of the gimmicks that are offered for sale by the knock off company's
same goes for the Lean, please be carefull as I know of at least 4 serious injuries!!!

Also be careful of companies like Kapmagic as mentioned above as they sell badly build rip-off illusions. (their name should be crap magic ;-) )
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
In all honesty, I actually performed this illusion in Hollywood, CA in the Vampire Bazaar in front of 400 people over 10 years ago. Should I sue Danny Cole for not asking for my permission?

Its the same effect, my method might be different. How do I sign up as the originator of this effect? I have an old VHS tape of the event.

Also one of my other original effects, changing eye colors with contacts was released on DVD without credit.

G
Wizard Of Wonders
View Profile
New user
Europe
61 Posts

Profile of Wizard Of Wonders
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 19:31, g0thike wrote:
In all honesty, I actually performed this illusion in Hollywood, CA in the Vampire Bazaar in front of 400 people over 10 years ago. Should I sue Danny Cole for not asking for my permission?

Its the same effect, my method might be different. How do I sign up as the originator of this effect? I have an old VHS tape of the event.

Also one of my other original effects, changing eye colors with contacts was released on DVD without credit.

G

Interesting. I would like to see a reply to G's comment, anyone?
So this is magic!
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1219 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
It says that he has been banned from the Café.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lean Back (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL