The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika's Spider Pen Pro Release » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..46~47~48~49~50 [Next]
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Don Dasher,
You can easily change spools. Actually MUCH faster than any other thread reel. Any thread work, if the thread breaks you are done, unless you have multiple devices or threads set up. The SPP thread breaks far less than a regular reel or thread. The tension is perfect, so if you snag the thread on a finger nail or callous the motor will let the thread spool out. The tension is just below the breaking point of the thread.

A regular thread reel you have to suck the thread out. I have spent many wasted hours trying to get thread out of thread reels. SPP is super easy.
James
Don Dasher, I do wish you would at least SOME of the time know WTF you are talking about. You are 0 for 0 man.
Maybe if you actually bought some of the items you bash and actually USED them, you could increase your batting average.

Quote:
On 2012-09-04 13:39, Don Dasher wrote:
So when your thread breaks during a peformance how do you reset and how quickly can it be done in front of your audience?

I'm sorry, silly question. You can't reset. The thread is automatically pulled into the pen when you break it, whether you want it to or not.

If you break the thread while performing with your spider pen you are likely done for the day. The thread whips back into the pen and becomes tangled in the spool. Then it runs in your pocket like mad and (hopefully) shuts off after 30 seconds.

The truth is that this device offers no benefit to a thread worker, it makes thread work much more difficult and makes levitation look mechanical and unnatural.

To all of you having such great luck with the pen, I'd love to be proven wrong but we'll need to see some performance videos. The large number of pens in circulation and the subsequent absence of exciting performance videos on youtube is telling.

Please share... I'd really like to be inspired. Show us how this pen has improved your thread work. I'm on the edge of my seat!

DD

DD
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I have also the issue with the breaking thread, try to change it. thanks for the great tipps folks Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
germanmagician
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of germanmagician
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 01:38, Todd Karr wrote:
The Spider Pen Pro is the greatest thread device ever made for the professional magician. Yigal Mesika's conquered all the drawbacks of previous systems through clever engineering and top-quality materials. Smooth, convenient, compact, versatile, and dependable...not much more to wish for! The thread loads easily, set-up is swift, powering on and off is automatic, and the possibilities are really diverse. I have been using it for a few weeks now in many live situations under many conditions, and the Spider Pen Pro comes through brilliantly for every routine I've used it for.

Sorry guys, but I am not happy at all like many others.
I cant understand, why many of you are so happy about the spp.

I cant believe that the most of the positive reviews are for real IMO.

I have many magic friends out there with the same problems as me.
so it would be nice to see some vids of you happy folks performing with
the spp.

I just believe what I see

so if you are happy, just show it to us, ok?

thank you
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Hey german

I understand you very well. I am not able to make a vid because of my issuues with the breaking thread but perhaps later?

Good luck

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
germanmagician
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of germanmagician
Thanks rasmus

allright, so we have to wait
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The people that have the SPP that rave about it have offered tips on how to make it work for others. I don't see they have any obligation to "prove" to those that don't like by filming videos. If you don't like it, sell it.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Take it easy zombie, its not your invention and not your problem. german is just
an unsatisfied customer as I can see and that's all.

if you are so incredibly happy zombie, just buy a second one, so when
the thread breaks, you are ready to go again.

btw: an italian professional magician and good friend of mine bought 10 pieces
of the old spider pen, because of thread breakage. for him the only possibility
to do the spider pen in walkaround situations.

btw: your incredibly positive posting was allready the second post in this thread, happy advertising?

just my thoughts and only in my opinion, ok?

best wishes my friend and we all are looking forward for many many positive
and honest reviews from your side Smile))

all the best my friend

X-RAY Stage Version
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 21:14, rasmus wrote:
Take it easy zombie, its not your invention and not your problem. german is just
an unsatisfied customer as I can see and that's all.

if you are so incredibly happy zombie, just buy a second one, so when
the thread breaks, you are ready to go again.

btw: an italian professional magician and good friend of mine bought 10 pieces
of the old spider pen, because of thread breakage. for him the only possibility
to do the spider pen in walkaround situations.

btw: your incredibly positive posting was allready the second post in this thread, happy advertising?

just my thoughts and only in my opinion, ok?

best wishes my friend and we all are looking forward for many many positive
and honest reviews from your side Smile))

all the best my friend

It's not your invention either. If there is an unsatisfied customer, then they can return it or sell it. Pestering people that have it, shared their professional tips on how to make it work and asking them for video proof that it works is out of line.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Yes sure my friend

but the point is, that you posted endless positive things here about the SPP without even having this pen.

so what is the point here my friend?

X-RAY Stage Version
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 22:00, rasmus wrote:
Yes sure my friend

but the point is, that you posted endless positive things here about the SPP without even having this pen.

so what is the point here my friend?

Endlesss? Do you know what the word endless means?

I watch a demo of someones card work and without knowing the method, I comment if I think it looks great. I should have the trick in order to post?

As for the SPP, I've seen it in person and it works for my friend. I trust him,I trust the opinions of talented performes like Ekuth and Xiqual. Their opinions are good enough for me.

Others have it and if it doesn't work for them, they should return it or sell it.

What's your point?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Rasmus just PM's me: "hey clarke, how many spp do you have left in stock".

So rasmus's agenda is he thinks I'm a dealer. lol.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Yes sure

just read the postings of zombie in this thread and others and it seems pretty
obvious.

or are you sponsored from some people out there? who knows?

happy business clarke Smile

X-RAY Stage Version
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 23:18, rasmus wrote:
Yes sure

obvious.

you're just sore because I liked Eggink's trick better than yours. What a slime ball you are.

Sell anymore of that junk/ripoff rubber band trick? lol.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Sorry my friend I didn't get it?
rubberband ripp off? you know best, that I never would copy or ripp
of anything.

and don't judge about effects, that you never bought.

your countless postings in many different threads are just a proof about your interest
of selling that stuff, that's obvious to all of us my friend.

so I would like to order my next tricks in your shop, ok?

X-RAY Stage Version
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 23:18, rasmus wrote:
Yes sure

obvious.

I think it's possible rasmus doth protest too much.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I just like to be open and honest, that's all. we meet here to learn something and to hear honest reviews and
comments, that can help other magicians to not loose their hard earned money, that's all

X-RAY Stage Version
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 23:39, rasmus wrote:
I just like to be open and honest,

HAHAHAHHA. You are the direct opposite of what your profess.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I have the strange feeling, that many postings of you are for your personal interest.
your postings are so positive,also many times before you ever saw a trick or bought it.

you know my friend, I think independent reviews are very important to most magic customers.

just want to show some of your incredibly positive posts that help other magicians?

so here are some posts from zombie magic in this thread, just a few. sounds pretty like
advertising, what do you think dear magic Café members?

25. april 2012
I don't believe I've seen a straw or bill do those things before. Amazing!

25. april 2012
I'm not very interested lately on endorsements from the usual suspects of close friends. But here are two people I respect:

“This raises the bar of levitation!”
- Richard Kaufman

“It’s hard to imagine so much efficient ingenuity in such a small space. Yigal’s Spider Pen Pro is absolute perfection and it produces absolute miracles.”
— Jim Steinmeyer

25. april 2012
My original Spider Pen didn't work properly. This looks like a vast improvement.

25. april 2012
Yigal, I'm want to pre-order, but can you tell us:

1) Can I load it with John Haar IT ( I prefer that type )?

2) Is there a toe switch or is this more like the UFC ( activated by body motion )?

Thanks!

Clarke

27. april 2012
Don't care for pre-orders, but I like ordering from Steve Fearson ( good experiences with him ) so I'm in.

28. april 2012
"IF" this does all it says. I mean, no issues that the previous model had. BUt, 99% of users give glowing reviews.

Then, It should be $1,200

29. april 2012
I sent him an e-mail Friday and he answered Saturday. I can't prove it was him. It didn't come with a video of him answering and holding up the daily newspaper, but it was from his account.

A few years again I sent him back a product and it came back fixed with a hand written note from him ( again, no proof, but it was signed with his name ).

$25,000 I 'd be cautious. $150? lol. I doubt there are any worries.

29. april 2012
I am getting mine from Fearson. Free worldwide shipping and Steve has incredible customer service.

I too hope this new "Pro" version is everything the other Pen wasn't. Gut instinct tells me it will be. Of course, I could be wrong. On the "Real Secrets" thread folks were shouting warning about being ripped off. It's turned into one of my best purchases ever.

I could wait for user reviews. But here's one from a guy that isn't on anyone's payroll. And his standards are the highest in magic:

“It’s hard to imagine so much efficient ingenuity in such a small space. Yigal’s Spider Pen Pro is absolute perfection and it produces absolute miracles.”
— Jim Steinmeyer

29. april 2012
In the thread from 2008, Mesika said "a remote control and toe-switch feature. With the toe-switch, you will be able to remotely perform with hands free operation over 30 ft. away".

If that's true of this new pen, can you imagine what any of us would sell it for if we invented it? It wouldn't be $150, if we sold it at all.

1. mai 2012
I think the video Mesika posted is what the buzz is about. We haven't seen bills and straws act that way before.

1. mai 2012
Steve Fearson had the Amazing JoeJoe’s Web Spinner on pre-order and Steve shipped the exact day he said he would!

Of course Steve has no power over when Yigal will get these out. But Steve is including a supply of his Vectra thread with each Spider Pen order and free world wide shipping.

I like the way Steve does business.

16. mai 2012
Special Limited Time Offer from Yigal:

All orders will ship on June 25th. Place your order NOW and you will not be charged till the products ship to YOU! Receive a 3 month warranty when you order here, if you aren't 100% satisfied then you get a full refund. Free shipping and handling worldwide! Theses special offers expire June 25th, 2012.

and many many other postings in this thread and in many other threads, positive, positive, positive...

I love positive people Smile

and now back on topic please Smile

X-RAY Stage Version
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 23:39, rasmus wrote:
I just like to be open and honest,

You posted in the here calling me your friend, but wrote a PM with a snide comment.

An honest person would have just made the accusation in the thread.

You're honest? No. Not anywhere close to it.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Yeah, Zombie -- rasmus has a point. How dare you be so positive? Don't you know this is the Magic Café?! Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika's Spider Pen Pro Release » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..46~47~48~49~50 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL